OSMC RC Rasp pi 2 - tvheadend - hdhomerun - no tv adapters showing

So I had a little bit of time to mess with this and got futher than I was before. I followed the instructions posted here by @EMJB. Here are my comments/where I’m now stuck.

I did a fresh install of OSMC and started following at step 4.4 since I am installing for the hdhomerun. I ran in to issues with the make command not being installed. I ended up jumping ahead to step 5 which installs build-essential and cmake, and then went back to finish step 4.4 with no other issues.

Everything seemed to compile and install fine and I now see the hdhomerun in the adapters list, woohoo! Now I’m stuck at step 6.4. I am in the US on cable, so I’m selecting “ATSC Network” as the network type and then “United States: us-Cable-Standard-center-frequencies-QAM256” as the predefined mux. When I go to muxes I don’t see anything, so I add it manually. Nothing seems to be found, though.

When I select the hdhomerun under the adapter list and enable it, the “Networks” drop down is not being populated. It’s not very intuitive, but if I select the hdhomerun folder and set that to ATSC, the network I created then shows in the dropdown for the adapter. It’s not finding any services, though. The mux tab shows the scan status as “idle” (initially said “pend”) and the result as “fail.” Previously with Raspbmc and openelec I was able to find over 700 services, so I’m not sure what I am doing wrong with the scan.

I’m out of time to keep messing with it tonight, but will hopefully get a chance to play with it more tomorrow night, so if anyone has any pointers or knows what I’m doing wrong I’d greatly appreciate it!