OSMC RC Unable to install TVHEADEND

when I execute that command, I get this:

root@osmc:/usr/src/tvheadend/build.linux# tvheadend -u osmc -g video -C &
[1] 6842
root@osmc:/usr/src/tvheadend/build.linux# bash: tvheadend: command not found

[1]+ Exit 127 tvheadend -u osmc -g video -C

do you know what is wrong?

Nevermind, figured it out, had to exit back to home directory

check your coax cable, it has to be new ones(shielded), the same with the T splitter if you use one.

and it takes tvheadend at least 30 min to maps channel hereā€¦
signal on the mux needs to be at least 65%ā€¦

and donā€™t have your tuner near(20 cm) an access point or other wireless devicesā€¦

I moved to OpenELEC now and everything runs perfect with TVHeadend.

1 Like

Harry, is there to make TVheadend run automatically at start up without having to ssh to it?

Sorry, nevermind, figured it out here:

http://www.raspberry-projects.com/pi/pi-operating-systems/raspbian/auto-running-programs

I have updated the version of TVHeadend available in the App Store

On initial setup I see

• The configuration tab
  • No segfault

If you still have a problem let me know:

• The Pi you are using (1 or 2 / ARMv6 or ARMv7)
  • Tuner you are trying to use

S

1 Like

Have just tried to install the above on my Pi 2 ā€œover the top ofā€ a version compiled in accordance with HarryLā€™s instructions, and it appeared to do a general update first, whereupon I got an error report saying ā€œError while updating {blank}ā€. I then got a report saying ā€œError installing armv7-tvheadend-app-osmcā€. I then got an Update message ā€œOperations successfully completedā€ which seems rather misleading!

Will retry with a clean build.

I am not sure what the custom install may have done, but this is likely why the install failed
S

SƦtter armv7-tvheadend-app-osmc (3.9.0-9) op ā€¦
Created symlink from /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/tvheadend.service to /lib/systemd/system/tvheadend.service.
Job for tvheadend.service failed. See ā€˜systemctl status tvheadend.serviceā€™ and ā€˜journalctl -xnā€™ for details.
dpkg: fejl under behandling af pakken armv7-tvheadend-app-osmc (ā€“configure):
underproces installerede post-installation-script returnerede afslutningsstatus 1
Der opstod fejl under behandlingen:
armv7-tvheadend-app-osmc
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

did a dpkg-reconfigure armv7-tvheadend-app-osmc no help.

first time around the ā€œ/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/tvheadend.serviceā€ was not there after the install did not finish, then did a apt-get remove armv7-tvheadend-app-osmc, and install againā€¦ then it was thereā€¦???

systemctl status tvheadend.service

root@osmc:/home/osmc# systemctl status tvheadend.service
ā— tvheadend.service - TVHeadend Server
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/tvheadend.service; enabled)
Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since ons 2015-03-25 10:47:28 CET; 4s ago
Process: 25445 ExecStop=/usr/bin/rm /run/tvheadend.pid (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)
Process: 25436 ExecStart=/usr/bin/tvheadend -f -p /run/tvheadend.pid -C -u osmc -g video (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 25437 (code=killed, signal=SEGV)

mar 25 10:47:28 osmc systemd[1]: Unit tvheadend.service entered failed state.

hope this helpsā€¦

edit: will try on my second RPI2 wish a fresh osmc

I would suggest trying on a new image as I am not sure what you changed when you used a different build

Sam

Hi @sam_nazarko

This morning I took a fresh build of OSMC and only installed TVHeadend. I added one mux and it scanned but I am not getting any services found. If I put back the other SD card I have with RaspBMC on it I am getting all the channels.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I am keen to get OSMC working as it looks really good

Keith

just delete/move /home/osmc/.hts the app store installation of tvheadend is doing stuff to that folderā€¦ now to check if it scans :wink:

update 1: nope do not scan or workā€¦ im back on my own compiled version, that works rightawayā€¦ same thing on a fresh install of OSMCā€¦

Just tried a virgin install of RC on my Pi 2 using the RC download image, and after installing Tvheadend server from the App Store I cannot log into x.x.x.x:9981 using either Firefox or IE. However the former gives the message:

ā€œThe connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.ā€

which may help pinpoint the problem.

A few of general comments arising from doing a new installation of OSMC & then Tvheadend Server (using the Confluence skin) :

1. It is not obvious to me that one needs to click on both ā€œInstallā€ and ā€œApplyā€
  2. Clicking on Apply takes you back to the OSMC menu - I would expect it to stay on the TVheadend install page until installation was complete.
  3. Installing something from the App Store always seems to lead to a general update - is this intentional?
  4. There are significant periods when nothing appears to be happening, so one might think it has finished.

Hope these comments help.

clean your browser cacheā€¦ :wink: that should help

Thanks, that cleared that problem!

However it also is showing no signs of performing a scan - still saying ā€œfalseā€ under "initial scan complete on the Muxes page, even though ā€œskip initial scanā€ is false on the Network page. Unlike the version create with your instructions, HarryL, there does not seem to be a scan command and many other details of the are different.

So it doesnā€™t look as if the new App Store version for Pi 2 is much better.

Which version did @HarryL build? I must admit that on older versions scanning seemed more intuitive and on newer ones I think scanning is meant to be ā€˜passiveā€™ but I have had troubles with this.

Sam

from git:
HTS Tvheadend 3.9.2525~g96898a6
march 13 2015.

In my case, and as with most others, I am having no trouble with the scanning (well it says it has completed the initial scan)ā€¦ the issue is that the initial scan finds no Services. With Raspbmc and Openelec Services are found without issue.

3.9 is not officially tagged in the TVH repo. I will see if I can make contact with the TVH developer today.

Solution for now may be to use 3.6

1 Like

Thanks, Sam.

The Problem is that it is not possible to assign a network to an Adapter. Tried with Tevii S-660 and Sundtek Sky TV Ultimate IV.