OSMC Remote Support

The file I linked above should fix it

Hi Dilligaf. Sadly it didn’t work for me. The remote no longer worked at all after reboot. Luckily removing the file and another reboot got me back again.

Dave

This line in that file fixes it

<f14>VolumeDown</f14>

Check file permisions and try redownloading the file as I know it has worked for others

OK I have remote ssh access so I have just downloaded it again, but I’m unable to test the remote in situ until I get back from work later this evening. Perms on the file are Read for all users.

Ah! Working now, thanks. However a reboot is not enough. It required a complete power down of the Pi.

Powering down won’t do anything the reboot didn’t. Are you sure you didn’t just exit Kodi ?

Nope, I typed “sudo reboot” on the command line, and the ssh session terminated as the ssh server was closed. The first time I did this I was sitting in front of the pi and I watched it reboot.

I suppose its possible that the “warm” reset knocked out the usb IR remote. That would mean that the correct keymap was now installed…but the usb wasn’t working. I suppose if I’d re-enabled dbug mode I might have seen a complete lack of keypresses in the log file.

Hello,

I bought last year an official OSMC remote with it’s small dongle, now I have an logitech harmony remote.
I would like to know if the OSMC dongle is usable with harmony remote.

If someone know something about it…

Thanks.

The dongle is RF.

I think Logitech Harmony is only Bluetooth and IR based; but may be wrong