OSMC RF 2.5 question

I just got my new OSMC RF 2.5 remote. Now on my home key I get Videos/Last Played, and on ladder key bellow circle I get Video playlist instead of Player process info. I use Estetuary and official 2020.01-1. I have Vero 4K+. Any suggestions?

This is because we haven’t defined a new keymap yet. We will likely unify all the remotes to use this new key layout.

Thank you, you saved me some time.

Can you post logs so I can see what might be going on with your setup…

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Here is a log with mentioned keys in action -https://paste.osmc.tv/nelugihefo

The original implementation of the key layout wasn’t standard with Kodi. This new remote has a standard layout. We are discussing the best way to unify the key layout.

I think your issue is your existing custom keymaps and not the new remote…

INFO: Loading special://masterprofile/keymaps/gen.xml
INFO: Loading special://masterprofile/keymaps/keymap.xml

You have made edits both with the keymap editor and manually. The new remote right now presses “esc” when you press “home” and “c” when you press the hamburger menu button. Neither of these are default mapped to where you said they were going. You could delete both of these files and reboot, or else you would need to go through the maps and look for mappings affecting these two keys.

The only other thing is that if the keyboard layout in settings is set to something other than one of the English ones then some of the buttons will have issues currently. We have a fix that has already been tested to make this compatible with international keyboard layouts but that doesn’t seem to have made it into the update stream just yet.

That is already part of the January update.

Thank you for your engagement. I tried with both files removed, same thing. I use custom keymap
only for playerdebug key on home key in Estuary.

Are you using profiles? If so you will need to remove the keymaps from both ~/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/ as well as ~/.kodi/userdata/profiles/[profile name]/keymaps/

What language do you have set for the keyboard in Settings>System>Input

I don’t use profiles. I set English(US) keyboard layout in System/Input.

After looking at your logs a bit closer I think the issue might be in what your expecting to happen as I think the remote is actually acting as intended. In your log I see…

HandleKey: c (0xf043) pressed, action is Playlist
HandleKey: c (0xf043) pressed, action is osd

And if you look at Kodi’s keymap for keyboards you will find…

<keymap>
	<global>
		<keyboard>
			<c>ContextMenu</c>
		</keyboard>
	</global>
	<VirtualKeyboard>
		<keyboard>
			<c mod="longpress">noop</c>
		</keyboard>
	</VirtualKeyboard>
	<FullscreenVideo>
		<keyboard>
			<c>Playlist</c>
		</keyboard>
	</FullscreenVideo>
	<ContextMenu>
		<keyboard>
			<c>Back</c>
		</keyboard>
	</ContextMenu>
	<FullscreenLiveTV>
		<keyboard>
			<c>ActivateWindow(PVROSDChannels)</c>
		</keyboard>
	</FullscreenLiveTV>
	<FullscreenRadio>
		<keyboard>
			<c>ActivateWindow(PVROSDChannels)</c>
		</keyboard>
	</FullscreenRadio>
</keymap>

So the context menu “c” button should be going to the playlist or osd if you are playing a video or live TV respectively.

As for…

HandleKey: escape (0xf01b) pressed, action is Fullscreen

You were playing fullscreen video when you pressed that and Kodi’s default keyboard keymap contains…

<FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
      <escape>Fullscreen</escape>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>

So that is actually working as expected as well. If any of this behavior is undesirable to you then you of course can modify it with the keymap editor add-on. If you wanted to know more then you can view Kodi’s keyboard.xml keymap here.

Thank you very much. I managed to get those two buttons (Home>PlayerDebug and hamburger menu button>PlayerProcessInfo) working as before on my old remote. There is a no PlayerProcessInfo and PlayerDebug in the Keymap Editor so I edited gen.xml and put it there.

1 Like

For keymap.xml what is a new id for home key instead of 37, and also for hamburger menu button. Is it 61467 and 61507?

Thank you

You can just use names instead of the keyid if your manually editing. The current mapping for the new remote are…

Home = escape
Info = i
Up = up
Down = down
Left = left
Right = right
OK = return
Back = browser_back
Menu = c
Play = play_pause
Stop = stop
Vol- = minus
Vol+ = equals

A few of these keys will be changed in a future update to fix issues with some non-english keyboards, but this is what they are presently.

Excellent, once more my big gratitude.

1 Like

I have one more question if I may. In this version of keymap.xml everything is working o.k. except that when I press c button it give me a player process info but it won’t go away with another press of c button like before with old remote. I must put a playerprocessinfo in global to get it work again but then off course menu function in non fullscreen video mode is gone. Here is my keyboard.xml.

<keymap>
    <fullscreenvideo>
        <keyboard>
            <escape>playerdebug</escape>
            <c>playerprocessinfo</c>
        </keyboard>
    </fullscreenvideo>
</keymap>

Closing requires another mapping. It would seem the old remotes used “title” for that key instead of “menu”, “contextmenu”, or “rootmenu”. I’m not sure why that was done but the mapping for “title” are significantly different than the other three. If you want to fully emulate the old mappings you would have to remap a significant number of keys. If you just want this particular item working this way then your keymap should be…

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
	<fullscreenvideo>
		<keyboard>
			<escape>playerdebug</escape>
			<c>playerprocessinfo</c>
			<F7>playerprocessinfo</F7>
		</keyboard>
	</fullscreenvideo>
	<PlayerProcessInfo>
		<keyboard>
			<c>PlayerProcessInfo</c>
			<F7>PlayerProcessInfo</F7>
		</keyboard>
	</PlayerProcessInfo>
</keymap>

Note I added mappings for F7 to keep this map from breaking when we make some tweaks to that remote.

1 Like

Thank you very much, it works. Yes I need only this particular item, not entire old mappings. Playerdebug on home on/off, and playerprocessinfo on menu c key on/off.

1 Like