OSMC server not syncing programme position

Hi

I have a Raspberry PI3 which I use as the server for recording all my TV programs and distribute them round the house. I have also installed MYSQL on it so that if I stop watching something in the middle I can pick it up later from where I stopped. This works for all the devices except for the PI3. It is saving the position when I stop but this is not being seen by the other devices and it does not see where the other devices have stopped.
It has the same advancedsettings.xml file as all the other devices.
Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?
Thanks in advance

Keith

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

So, in summary:

• activate the logging
  • reboot the OSMC device
  • reproduce the issue
  • upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A
  • publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

Hi fzinken

Thank you very much for replying. Here is the log url
https://paste.osmc.tv/ewulemucob
I rebooted the PI and then navigated to the films folder on my external harddrive and under the Star Wars folder I resumed matching Star_Wars_III_-_Revenge_of_the_sith
I then stopped the film and sent the logs
I have a 3tb Seagate attached along with a wireless logitech mouse and keyboard

Please let me know if you need any further information

Cheers

Keith

Looks to me that it is working. So only thing I can think of next is to check the database manually if the record is updated

21:46:20.079 T:1348465408 DEBUG: DoWork - Saving file state for video item /media/PiDisk1/Films/Star Wars/Star_Wars__Episode_III_-_Revenge_of_the_Sith_20121020_1459.ts 21:46:20.089 T:1348465408 DEBUG: Mysql execute: update files set playCount=NULL,lastPlayed='2018-06-20 21:46:20' where idFile=4698 21:46:20.129 T:1348465408 DEBUG: Mysql execute: update bookmark set timeInSeconds = 3467.141113, totalTimeInSeconds = 9467.044922, thumbNailImage = '', player = 'VideoPlayer', playerState = '' where idBookmark = 1219
1 Like

As @fzinken said, looks like it’s working. Can we see your advancedsettings.xml from the other systems that are sharing the same database?

Also, in MyOSMC under the network setting, is ‘Wait For Network’ enabled?

Hi

I managed to get back to this today. I have new router so I was having to change the address in all the files and I realised that the Pi, which owns the disk, is not using SMB to access the video files. I think this is why the position is not being saved for the other devices to see. I tried adding the drive as SMB but it kept saying that the file already exists

The disk is called PiDisk1 which appears under the video files section automatically as it is attached. I then said Add files and set it to smb//10.72.64.28/PiDisk1 and gave it name of Vids. It then said there was an error File Exists
I also tried just adding smb//10.72.64.28 which was added OK. When I subsequently doubled clicked it view the files it showed PiDisk1 but when I clicked that to view the files on the disk I got the same error File Exists
Am I doing this incorrectly?

Cheers

Keith

Switch to using fstab will help prevent this type of problem :wink:

Hi
But the Kodi instructions say that in order to sync the latest position across all devices SMB has to be used. I currently use Windows and Android devices

Cheers

Keith

Please provide a link to the page that says smb is the only protocol that will work?