OSMC Setting Service failed to Launch [SOLVED]

Hi,

I cannot launch my OSMC settings anymore (not from my Quarz skin, neither from OSMC skin)

Here is my error log: https://paste.osmc.tv/qutemoyaqo

As far as I can see the creation of socket “/var/tmp/osmc.settings.sockfile” fails during execution of “/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.osmc.settings/default.py”

I don’t have a clue why creation of the socket file fails.

Content of /var/tmp looks like this:
osmc@osmc:/var/tmp$ ls -la
total 12
drwxrwxrwt 2 root root 4096 Jan 4 21:53 .
drwxr-xr-x 11 root root 4096 Jan 1 2015 …
-rw-r–r-- 1 osmc osmc 1 Jan 3 18:44 .suppress_osmc_update_checks
srwxr-xr-x 1 osmc osmc 0 Jan 2 15:31 osmc.settings.update.sockfile

Is there any clue on how to fix this issue?

Thanks

There’s no mention of “/var/tmp/osmc.settings.sockfile” in the log, though there’s one example of

Jan 02 15:31:10 osmc sudo[989]: osmc : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/rm /var/tmp/osmc.settings.update.sockfile

I do see one error that might be relevant:

20:08:40.351 T:3822637824   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.OSError'>
                                            Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/skin.quartz.ce.krypton/fonts/')
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.osmc.settings/service.py", line 43, in <module>
                                                Main_Service = m.Main()
                                              File "/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.osmc.settings/resources/lib/osmc_main.py", line 179, in __init__
                                                response = osmc_ubiquifonts.import_osmc_fonts()
                                              File "/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.osmc.settings/resources/lib/osmc_ubiquifonts.py", line 102, in import_osmc_fonts
                                                alien_fonts = set(os.listdir(alien_fonts_folder))
                                            OSError: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/skin.quartz.ce.krypton/fonts/')
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

The relevant bit seems to be related to the Quartz skin:

OSError: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/skin.quartz.ce.krypton/fonts/')

Did this happen after the latest update?

Could you also change to another skin, eg Estuary or OSMC, reboot and see if you can then launch My OSMC.

After changing to OSMC skin and rebooting, My OSMC works again.
Changing back to Quartz skin and rebooting indeed leads to My OSMC fail again

I’ve added ‘/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/skin.quartz.ce.krypton/fonts/’ directory myself and now My OSMC also work with Quartz skin :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help

Can you remove the fonts directory on the latest version of OSMC and see if this is still an issue? The latest version of My OSMC doesn’t attempt to inject fonts in to the skin; so this shouldn’t be an issue for users up to date.

Cheers

Sam