OSMC Skin 4:3 aspect ratio support

Hello there!
Recently started using OSMC on my older 4:3 CRT, and would like to use the OSMC skin with it, as it looks so beautiful. I read on the wiki that it should be possible to get 4:3 by editing some skin files, but I have no idea where to find these files. Can somebody help me with this?

Thanks for the great software!

For the skin to be at a native 4:3 aspect ratio, you’ll have to download the skin from the GitHub release page and edit a few things:

• change the folder name inside the .zip file to something else than skin.osmc (maybe skin.osmc.43)
  • open the addon.xml inside the folder you just renamed in an editor
  • change addon id="skin.osmc" to the string you’ve just renamed the folder to (in this example: addon id="skin.osmc.43")
  • change name="OSMC Skin" to something different (maybe name="OSMC Skin (4:3 Version)")
  • comment out the line <res width="1920" height="1080" aspect="16:9" default="true" folder="xml" />
  • un-comment the line <!-- <res width="1440" height="1080" aspect="4:3" default="true" folder="xml" /> -->
  • save the edited addon.xml to the .zip file
  • install the skin from the .zip file via Kodi’s add-on browser

This way you’ll have a seperate 4:3 version of the OSMC Skin installed on your system which will not be overwirtten by an update. Every time a new version is released, you download the new release from the GitHub release page and follow the same procedure.