OSMC Skin Bug - "Show empty TV shows" disabled setting ignored upon initial node entry

Awesome; one more thing to look forward to when the Leia builds go to general release.

It occurred to me that, since the only time the error triggered was when you first enter the library node from the main menu, the issue was likely related to something about the main menu link configurations. So, for kicks, I downloaded another skin that relies on the same skin shortcuts builder (in this case, Estuary Mod) and loaded it up. Sure enough, it suffered from the exact same bug.

That was enough information for me to quickly track the issue down: It turns out, when the interface accesses a view via a generic library link (e.g., library://video/movies/titles.xml/), it doesn’t apply the default video filters. You have to access via a video link instead (e.g., videodb://movies/titles/) to trigger the filter rules. It’s not a bug with your skin at all, just an issue with how the skin shortcut builder constructs its menu links. I manually swapped the ActivateWindow link to the videodb target, let the skin rebuild the menu, and all is now well.

For anyone else that wants to quickly rectify the issue, you can just put the following in for your TV menu link code: ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://tvshows/titles/,return)

EDIT: Apparently I was taking the difficult way around. You can just select Common > TV Shows from the menu builder shortcut options, no need to manually enter any code. The Common shortcuts use the proper videodb links; it’s only the [...] Library shortcut options that do not.

All of my tests were on Krypton, so it’s definitely possible they corrected the library URIs to apply the same filters as videodb URIs in Leia (or perhaps the menu builder is doing something entirely different for Leia; I haven’t been following development to know what all has changed).