OSMC skin kodi repository?

I was wondering if it would be much of a hassle to make the OSMC skin available on the kodi repository?
I’m a fan of the OSMC skin and would love to have the same skin on all my kodi instances. I have a Vero 4k+ in my bedroom and I’m running the kodi android app on my tv in the living room. In the past I already successfully installed the OSMC skin on my android tv but this needs to be done again manually with every kodi or skin update, so not really handy.

I’m glad you like our skin!

We’ve discussed this in the team before already, but there wasn’t any demand really, so we didn’t dig into it. Will have a look at how much work it would be to setup a repo and get it running for those users who’re not running an OSMC device :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks already for looking into it and for your work on the skin, I suppose the most work has been done already and it’s just finding out how to submit it to the kodi repo?

We’ve decided not to submit the skin to the Kodi repo, that’s for sure, I’m afraid. But what we have discussed is distributing our own repo that users on other platforms than OSMC can install. That way updates would be distributed to them as well :slightly_smiling_face:

Ah ok, an OSMC repo would be good as well, I just thought that using the kodi repo would be an easy way to get people to get to know OSMC and it’s the default repo so easy to use?

Our add-on uses scripts, which excludes us from being able to upstream the skin, to my understanding. We also don’t want to lose control of how frequently we can push updates for the skin.

Hi, and sorry for necroposting. This is the only suitable thread i found.
I’m currently using OSMC via VERO, and kodi via android tv.
I would love to install OSMC skin on kodi. The only way is by hand via github.

Can you please create a repository to simplify installation and update?

It’s something we will look at in the future.