OSMC startup only every second time

I have OSMC on a Raspberry Pi 3 A+ installed. I don’t let it run all the time and shutdown OSMC and the Raspi properly. When I start them again OSMC does not show any picture on my TV. I have to cut the power from the Raspi and start it again. This happens all the time. What can I do?

Next time you have no picture after boot suggest to try to login via ssh to check if OSMC has booted. If that is the case create logs with grab-logs -A and provide the URL

Is this occurring in a situation where the pi is booting up faster than the TV is fully booted resulting in a failure to read the edid?

This is the link:

https://paste.osmc.tv/uqibajifuk

No. The TV is booting relatively fast. I can access the Raspi via SSH. When I reboot it from there and the TV is still in standby it works. I can tell this because the iOS “Kodi Remote” becomes alive and I can control Kodi. If the problem occurs, I can’t remote control it via the app.

Seems you are not getting proper EDID info. Maybe when rebooted with picture save the EDID and force its usage.

`====================== Pi EDID =================== wes0DM2l
state 0x80002 [PAL 4:3], 720x576 @ 50.00Hz, interlaced

---------------------- Pi EDID END --------------- wes0DM2l`

sudo /opt/vc/bin/tvservice -d /boot/edid.dat

and add hdmi_edid_file=1 to config.txt. You would then always see your monitor’s edid even when it is not plugged in/providing a valid edid.

1 Like

Thank you, that helped. Now, I only have to find out why CEC does not work all the time. See other thread.