OSMC Update Error

Error installing: Please report this on the OSMC forum.

Using a Raspberry Pi 3B+ with OSMC March 2020 2020.03-1.

Please upload some logs.

Where would I find them? Thanks.

Either upload via MyOSMC → Log Uploader
Or command line grab-logs -A

Or did it failed on initial install then the log should be on the USB stick.

I’m not quite sure how to do it. I went to MyOSMC->Log Uploader and uploaded and it showed URL:https://paste.osmc.tv/sobadevaqo. When I went there in my browser it just shows “Logs created on: 2020-06-01 13:31:42 - (Uptime = 156420.15)”.

Thanks.

Reboot twice. Attempt to update. Then upload logs. The log is empty because the current and previous Kodi logs are too large probably die to long uptimes. Two reboots ensure the current and previous Kodi logs are of reasonable sizes.

Rebooted twice and attempted update. Errored. Uploaded log to https://paste.osmc.tv/eragebotor. Went to that page and got Logs created on: 2020-06-02 13:27:39 - (Uptime = 1442.25)

Thanks.

If you’re using the My OSMC Log Uploader, you should choose the “All configs and logs” option.

Thanks! Log is at https://paste.osmc.tv/jopiwehole

Jun 02 13:04:54 osmc mediacenter[362]: 2020-06-02 13:04:54.023129 apt_cache_action.py exception value : E:The repository 'https://dev2day.de/pms stretch Release' does not have a Release file.

You need to remove the reference to that repository. It’ll be in one of the files in /etc/apt/sources.list.d.

====================== APT sources.list.d =================== KjLq37hD
total 16
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Apr 19 16:55 .
drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 4096 Apr 19 16:56 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   51 Apr 21 16:15 plexmediaserver.list
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   41 Apr 19 17:01 pms.list

---------------------- APT sources.list.d END --------------- KjLq37hD

That didn’t work so I just did a clean install. Thanks for your help!

Same problem for me with my pi. Also get same message and cannot stream anything from favourites or by going into searches.
Thanks,
Fi

Did you bother to read this thread? Did you notice that the first thing requested was logs? Did you consider posting yours?

2 Likes

Actually I am a complete novice and have no idea how to find them. And yes I did read thread and did not expect a reply so quickly, let alone that reads rather abruptly. Not everyone is IT trained which is why we come to these forums … To get help from people who can assist and guide us.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

1 Like

A real shame to see such an ill-tempered post on a forum that is in general quite friendly.

1 Like

How was that ill-tempered? Without logs there is no possible way of knowing what is going on with this user. The majority of the posts were dealing with how to provide logs starting with the very first reply. There was directions posted in post four and six of this thread yet they needed to be posted again for a third time?

2 Likes

“Did you bother to read this thread” is downright rude.

I guess you never meet genuinely rude people on the Internet before if you think saying “Did you bother” to do this or that Is rude or you are just very easily offended.

2 Likes

The post I complained about was posted by a moderator? Surely t community has a right to expect some professional courtesy from moderator?