OSMC Update Fail

Hi folks,

I have installed OSMC on my RPi and today when I turned on my TV I saw it says:
Error installing:
Please report this on the OSMC forum.

So here it is.

Thanks

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

how about adding that link to that error message sam :slight_smile: so you and the mods dont have to repeat yourself :smiley:

I’m getting a similar issues the past few days, glad it’s not just me, this is the error I get in the log

08:52:50.302 T:1184740336   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'socket.error'>
Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/kodi/addons/script.module.osmcsetting.updates/resources/lib/call_parent.py", line 18, in <module> sock.connect(address)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 224, in meth
return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)
error: (2, 'No such file or directory')
-->End of Python script error report<--

Please provide complete logs especially apt logs

So I did turn the debug logging on and restarted the RPi. First off, it makes the system really slow; and then when I went through the shortest path to replicate the issue it didn’t showed this error! If I turn off the debug logging it will show it again though.I can tell that it happens every time I try to manually update the OSMC. I didn’t have time to go through the log file either. Probably will take me a couple of days to it but I will check it out and submit if I can find anything useful.
Cheers,

Here’s the link to my file:

Why not using OSMC log uploader or paste-log? Not feeling to good opening Dropbox links.
Also remember apt log would be crucial additionally to the Kodi Debug logs

Actually, never mind! I found the problem. I had added a repository to download a package but apparently the link to that repository was broken. Removing it from /etc/apt/sources.list.d did the magic. Thanks everyone for your prompt responses.