Osmc upnp server drives of external hard disk shows but no files

Hi there, I have connected 1 TB external hard disk to Raspberry pi B plus and running latest OSMC on it and it is connected to my TV using HDMI cable. I can browse and play videos from the external HDD by directly on HDMI connection but not able to browse and play the videos by selecting the OSMC media server on my other devices like iPad, Windows Phone and Laptop. I can browse the contents of HDD via SAMBA way on both my laptop and iPad… I use VLC on iPad, SmartPlayer on Windows Phone.
Thanks in advance

UPnP shares libraries, I think. This means you have to set OSMC to include your external HDD as a part of it’s music and/or video library.

Perhaps you’ve already done that though, in which case I’m sort of stumped.

I can browse and play videos from the external HDD by directly on HDMI connection

Hm. Do you mean you access the HDD through the TV or through your Raspberry OSMC using the TV as a monitor?

Thank you for quick response Bymurkla
Yes, I can see the contents of HDD on my TV which is Connected to using HDMI Cable. My 1 TB drive has 3 ntfs partitions. I can see the names of those partitions and can open them to find nothing in them.

The above is my complete home network setup. I can see the contents of HDD only on TV which is connected to OSMC/Pi using HDMI cable…
on Raspbmc with the same setup I could watch the videos of HDD on my other devices connected on network without any issues and recast the videos again to TV from other room.

Hey !

Have you got any updates on this, the same goes for me.
No file appear when I browse it with another device…

Logs would be nice to see if you have the right settings.