OSMC will not update

Just unboxed my Vero 4K+ after a move to a new house that started last year. Vero is currently on 2020.06-1 . Tried to update to the latest version. My OSMC comes back with No Updates Available. Tried the hotfix as described in the v19 update FAQ. No difference. Tried apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade from the command line. After a reboot, still on 2020.06-1 . Any suggestions?

Tried to upload logs, but just get a url that ends with instead of an actual link.

Edit: Second reboot got logs to upload: https://paste.osmc.tv/oxelubadef

Thanks.

You are actually still on a very old version (based on stretch). Maybe post the output of

apt-mark showhold
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade

2020-06 is pretty old.

If you’re not too invested in your setup, see Reinstalling OSMC - Vero 4K - OSMC.

Yeah, I can do a full reinstall. Need to redo my mounts and PlexKodiConnect anyways.

Hi Sam, sorry to hijack, I guess 2020-11 is also considered old?
I realised mine hasn’t updated in a while and I’m getting the ‘Connectivity issue while checking for updates’ when manually updating.
I also tried through the command line but was getting another error:

osmc@vero:~$ sudo apt-get update
Get:1 Index of /team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu focal InRelease [17.5 kB]
Hit:2 Index of /debian buster InRelease
Hit:3 Index of /debian buster-updates InRelease
Hit:4 http://security.debian.org buster/updates InRelease
Hit:5 Index of /osmc/osmc/apt buster InRelease
Err:1 Index of /team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu focal InRelease
The following signatures couldn’t be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 6D975C4791E7EE5E
Reading package lists… Done
W: GPG error: Index of /team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu focal InRelease: The following signatures couldn’t be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 6D975C4791E7EE5E
E: The repository ‘Index of /team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu focal InRelease’ is not signed.
N: Updating from such a repository can’t be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

Cheers for any assistance!

I’m not sure why you have a Ubuntu Kodi repository on your system, but you’ll need to remove that from your sources list. That’s not something that is part of a standard OSMC install.

I’m not sure either, I’ve done a re-install of 2022 version, my restored backup skin settings didn’t return as expected so I’ll start a new thread on that.