OSMC without KODI on RPI1

Dear all,

before anything let me explain the reason for this possibly confusing question. I would like to use my RPI for business & leisure too.

During the day, it’s business, meaning I would switch off the mediacenter application (obviously I know how to do that from the wiki) and run a simple command line browser (links2) on the console that would display some monitoring page of some of my servers.
In the evening, well, I switch on the mediacenter and enjoy a movie.

Now the issue I have is with the business part. As I was saying before I can switch off/on the mediacenter service, I can log in to the console and launch the browser. That works alright.

What I would like to have tough is that if I restart the device it takes me directly to the abov mentioned browser on the main console.
I’ve managed to achieve that on a raspbian distro by simply modifying the /etc/inittab :
Instead of
1:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty --noclear 38400 tty1
I just had
1:2345:respawn:links2 -force-html -html-auto-refresh 1 http://xxxx

Now the problem is that the latest osmc has no inittab so I suspect I should use systemd somehow. I can write a service alright but I do not understand how the console/ttys are handled at startup.

In a nutshell, what I would like to have is that when a restart osmc in command line mode, after printing out all the startup messages, it would start the command line browser in the console.

As far as I can tell, I’m using the latest OSMC on an RPI1 device.

I hope it makes sense