OSMC's August update is here

If you clone your SD card you can use a spare sd card to test Krypton.

Vero2 has a internal storage and canā€™t boot osmc from sd cardā€¦as far as i know.

HI Daverbelo, hope you are well.

I have exactly the same issue - very distressing as I am not that tech savy. Can you tell me please how you solved this issue and got your Kodi working on OSMC with the latest update.

Best regards

Gazza

Just update again, it means your device was on the devel repo before

1 Like

Thanks!! all done and works well. Regards Gazza

Everything going smooth here. Only two tiny exceptions were the (now almost traditional) sad face / error screen after the first boot past update installation, and a reset of CEC settings, but I guess thatā€™s due to changes in the CEC modules/code. Good job, guys! :slight_smile:

CEC wasnā€™t touched in this update.

We do know about the sad face post update though. @DBMandrake and I have discussed it in the past. Itā€™s caused by script.skinshortcuts. Eventually, weā€™ll fix it.

Oh, okay. Just thought so because of

Added support for CEC builtins to Kodi so that add-ons can use and query CEC capabilities
Add support to configure repeat button settings via CEC on Vero 2

No problem, really minor issue.

That was a change to Kodi, not libCEC itself. It wonā€™t changed previous behaviour.

Weā€™ll crush it in the near future, it will be killed by My OSMC 2.

Can you please link to the git changes regarding the kodi memory leak?

Is this the same changes popcornmix fixed recently when browsing the library?

I installed this update a few days ago (10-ish, donā€™t know the exact date), and ever since I installed it Iā€™ve started noticing some issues on video playback on my rpi3.

What Iā€™m noticing is that the video will sometimes show white ā€˜dotsā€™ in some (apparently random) parts of the image, the position of which change on each frame. More annoyingly to me, the sound will occasionally get jerky (as in, no sound will play for maybe 1 second or less). It feels like these issues get worse and happen more often the longer the video is (to the point that watching a long 2h video has some seriously annoying sound issues towards the end), so it sounds like it could be some sort of leak to me.

As I said I started noticing this after installing this update, but that does not necessarily mean it was introduced here, I might simply have not noticed it before (been using this box for 4-5 weeks). Is there any info I can provide to help debug this?

Thanks!

Then please create an appropriately titled thread and include the useful info requested for support. The update release announcement is not intended for troubleshooting issues.

Okay, sorry. I didnā€™t want to open a thread for this as I donā€™t really know enough about the issue yet to be able to open a helpful thread. Iā€™ll open one once I find out more about how to replicate it etc.