OSMC's January update is here

We're happy to announce that OSMC's first update of 2017 is now here.

We have been working on preparing OSMC for Kodi Krypton (v17) and test builds are now available. We will continue to update them. This is our last update before we expect to deliver the new version of

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://osmc.tv/2017/01/osmcs-january-update-is-here-2/

Nobody has replied to this? A sign of how stable OSMC is these days? Thanks Sam and the team for your efforts and I’ve finally reminded myself to make a donation. Looking forward to Kodi 17 and your new skin.

Thanks @welshblob

Over 150,000 users have updated since Sunday, which is quite high, as normally adoption rate is a bit slower. I suspect the higher than usual number of early updaters is because it’s January (miserable weather) and because most users are anticipating and preparing themselves for Kodi Krypton.

People don’t usually visit the OSMC forum or leave a comment unless there is something they would like some help with.

No news is good news for me :slight_smile:

Sam

Hi,

I just downloaded the january distribution for the Pi 1 and checked it’s md5 hash using
openssl md5 on my Mac. It (26156f9f15bc276c1ed0c78a57a7b399) is not the same as the hash mentioned on the website, (f24699ccf64fcd646f475e0f5b92a668).

Is the above command the correct way to generate the md5 hash?

Huib.

You didn’t mention what you used to download the image.
Some browsers will automatically extract archives (our images are gzipped).

root@buildserver2:/mounts/files-rsync/osmc/download/installers/diskimages# md5sum OSMC_TGT_rbp1_20170129.img.gz 
f24699ccf64fcd646f475e0f5b92a668  OSMC_TGT_rbp1_20170129.img.gz

Looks like our MD5 is valid on our server.
Check as suggested above. If you still have a mismatch, re-download and if you still have a problem please tell us which mirror you downloaded from.

I suspect you ran a checksum on the extracted image rather than the images hosted on our CDN.

Hi Sam,

yes, I ran the md5 on the extracted image. Thanks for your help.

I am a first-time user for OSMC and so far I really like it. Looking good!

Kind regards,

Huib.

A post was split to a new topic: Update error

A post was merged into an existing topic: Update error