OSMC's June update is here with Kodi v18.3 - OSMC

I don’t think this update has enabled 3D playback has it? (As speaking about in the 3D thread)

3D SBS and TAB is working as it was before. Frame Packed output is still a work in progress.

Thanks for the update. There is problem with cyrilic symbols in the TV section. If a TV program has cyrilic symbols and it’s marked when scrolling, I see squire with X symbol in it!

Regards!

Hi — the image doesn’t seem to have uploaded correctly but I understand that we are aware of the problem

Cc @Chillbo

Yes, I’m looking into it :+1:t2:

Edit: Fixed the screenshot upload for you, @morfei1 :wink:

Hi

Hopefully the issue is now addressed with the following commit: Update font files · osmc/skin.osmc@1eef9c5

I’d appreciate it if you could test this and provide feedback before we potentially release this as an update to other users. It will take about an hour to be available in our staging repo. To test this update:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv stretch-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

1 Like

Question - Has HDR to SDR conversion been vastly improved with this June release, or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Doesn’t look like the lip-sync issue has been fully rectified.

No changes here.

Thx - seems to be more stable (Aeon Tajo Skin)

I can concur. I’m still noticing the lipsync issue but it doesn’t seem to occur with Dolby Atmos content. Strange.