OSMC's June update is here

Not sure why but both updates this month have resulted in errors. logs are here https://paste.osmc.io/ebunuwesok

PLEASE, do not use the Release Announcement thread for support requests!

Create an appropriately titled thread in the appropriate Help and Support subforum please!

Good work guys. Thanks million for this super OS for PIs. Keep up the good work…:raised_hands:

Yes thank you, no issues all fine perfect update

Thanks are due to @sparticle whose (substantial) testing helped us track down the GUI freezing issue.

1 Like

All was working well on my PI2 until the second June update. Now the sound drops every couple of seconds while watching live TV via PVR thru ServerWMC on a host Win8.1 HTPC. I have a second PI2 that only has the first June update and it is working fantastic.

Try turning off "sync playback to display in settings>video>playback it worked for me. Turn on Adjust refresh rate.

I have this error

both graphically and in text mode

Did you search the forum? It’s covered in one of the latest threads in the Pi section. The good news is this problem is very easily resolvable.

Seems to have worked. Thank you.

Thanks all developers and after reading the LONG “freezing thread” a big thank you to @sparticle for his patience in running his scripts and debugging. That’s proof that we users can contribute without being coders.

Solved, thank you.

It’s chugging along nicely on all three of my Pi’s. A Model B, a 2B, and a 3B. Thanks again.

Sadly, this update disables my USB-TV-Stick in the TV-Headend-Server. dmesg still shows the device (Sundtek MediaTV Pro III), but I can’t select it in the “TV adapters” setting in TV headend anymore.

I’m running OSMC on a Raspberry Pi 2. After restoring a full SD-Backup from january this year and updating again, the same problem occurs. Is there anyone with a similar problem?

Sundtek sticks are not dependent on kernel and are more userland based. We haven’t provided support for them in the past, this is usually provided by running one of their provided scripts. Conversely, we haven’t disabled or removed anything that would impact support for this tuner.

You would be better served starting a new post with a full set of logs from a working version of OSMC and the latest version of OSMC which isn’t working for you. I assume that you have run the installation script on this version of OSMC.

I have mine at 2016.06-2

That’s the latest version, and wraps up a couple of minor issues with HifiBerry and other overlays.

Sam

Thanks, Sam.

It looks like you’re running Windows, not OSMC, so we may not be in the best position to help.