OSMC's March update is here with Kodi 17.1

Just over a month ago, we released Kodi Krypton for all OSMC compatible devices. Since then, we've been working tirelessly to fix bugs, improve performance and listen to your feedback.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://osmc.tv/2017/03/osmcs-march-update-is-here-with-kodi-17-1/
3 Likes

Since it is net explicitly listed: is the automatic skipping with .edl files also fixed in this update? :upside_down:

Yes – this issue should be resolved.

Hooray!

Announcement of the Kodi 17.1 release is now online: https://kodi.tv/kodi-v17-1-krypton/

The update does speed the GUI up noticeably. Really nice, thanks.

Regarding this bit here :
Improved official OSMC 802.11ac WiFi adapter performance and configuration

Can you give some details on what the improvements are? Will it be easier to configure on the UI and for 5ghz networks?

Thanks!

After the Update my Vero3 shows Kodi 17.1 RC2

isn’t it the final version?

On their homepage they released the final release or am i wrong?

thanks

OSMC’s reported versioning of Kodi is always skewed…

The Raspberry Pi releases of Kodi do not exactly track the release schedule of the standalone versions of Kodi for PC/Mac - effectively Pi builds are all custom builds as the Kodi team themselves do not release Raspberry Pi builds, it is left up to the distributions such as OSMC to create their own build.

Not necessarily. Last time it was, as we cheaply backported some fixes. You are correct that user’s shouldn’t be obsessing over the Kodi version number however.

Try again. There was an issue before with one of the Jenkins build slaves.

Sam

Sorry, but Kodi restarts also unexpectedly:
light show in the middle of the night or restart by watching some video

Also rewinding of videos from tvheadend doesn’t work.
When I press forward the video restarts always on begin.

I hope you can help me. :slight_smile:
That would be great.

see also:
https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/cec-issue/22846

You don’t cover if this is a recording or LiveTV, but TVHeadend’s timeshift feature doesn’t work very well.

The CEC issue is still known. It unfortunately appears to be a bug in libCEC that affects multiple platforms. We cannot revert libCEC, as Kodi Krypton (v17) is dependent on this newer version.

We have to wait for it to be fixed in libCEC.

OK thanks for the fast answer.
It also happens without timeshift.

I think it’s probably best brought up with the TVHeadend team, with full debug logs. You still haven’t clarified if this is with recorded content or Live TV. If it’s Live, then I’m not really surprised at this.

You also don’t explain whether this is a new occurrence, or if this has always been the case.

The rewinding problem happens with recorded content.
I think TVHeadend is not necessary to play this recorded content / Its only a file.

Running fine on my 2B and 3B Pi’s. I still do not care for the OSMC skin, but Estuary suits me well. Thanks for all the hard work.

since the update the system doesn’t work anymore.
A few days ago the video addons started to sync random subtitles to videos (even if i search and save the right one) and now it crashes a few minutes after the start, not even allowing me to open must of the apps.

Please open new thread provided with debug logs:

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

Hi all,

I haven’t used my Pi (OSMC) since Tuesday so hadn’t noticed the problem, but mine had an issue updating ‘march update’.

Not sure why, but after failing the update (dialog shown in OSMC), i lost ability to control using Kore over WiFi. Curiously, Kodi system info shows an IP address, but i cannot connect with Kore, or access the pi over sftp.

So i grabbed a keyboard and a usb stick, grabbed Kodi.log off the pi and uploaded here:

One line seems to.stick out like a sore thumb:
“ERROR: DBus: Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files”

I’m nonexpert understanding the logs but to me this looks like it could be the issue?
Can anyone advise?

Kind thanks.

The release announcement thread is not intended for providing support! Please create an appropriately titled thread in the appropriate Help and Support subforum. Thanks

After the last update the TV starts in the night with the normal TV-Programm with sound.
Before this update the TV starts with the normal OSMC Screen.
I’m a little bit frustrated and tired (because interrupted sleeping). :frowning:
The next night I’ll pull the power plug or the DVI plug.