OSMC's March update is here with Kodi v18.6 - OSMC

Thanks for your hard work! Sam, could you please update NOOBS installer too?

1 Like

This has already been done.

My bad, I’m using Matt’s tool to prepare a dual boot SD card but it still is showing only older OSMC build available and it supposedly is using NOOBS directory for that. https://pinn.mjh.nz/ I guess I have to wait for Matt to update that too? Sorry for your trouble Sam.

You need to wait for it to propagate to your mirror.

We don’t push those images as soon as we push the update as we wait a little while to make sure there are no major issues.

I don’t know if PINN uses our mirror system directly.

Great, thank you very much for this information! Stay safe everyone in these hard times :slight_smile:

As always, the update worked flawlessly on my Vero 4K. No errors here. :slight_smile:

Whoever overread the awesome new feature of long press functionality for the Vero remotes: read about it!

As a heavy subtitle user, this one is a blessing:

I think I need to print out a list of all comands and put them next to the remote to get used to them. Anyway, thanks for implementing this, guys! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Does this update include the fix to high bitrate audio like in Frozen II that causes the movie’s audio to cutout?

We included the fix some time ago, so there’s no more crashing.

But the dropouts themselves are not fixed in Kodi yet.

I applied the update to my VERO 2, but afterwards none of my videos will play. I tried a few different ones, even ones that played yesterday, but it just gives me the wheel like it is about to, then gives up a few moments later.

Any clues as to what I can do to even begin troubleshooting?

I just saw the issue over here, which seems to be my same issue. I’ll keep an eye out for that fix. Thanks Sam! Stay healthy!

This should now be fixed – just check for another update.

Sam

I am not seeing any updates, yet.

0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Usually takes about an hour for the mirrors to sync.

And it did, and it works!

Thanks @sam_nazarko!!!

Thanks for confirming.

Since the update Info and CodecInfo on the remote are not working anymore. Do I have to reconfigure the keymap for the remote?

Did you read the link that this original post points to and find this?

1 Like

My Vero is set to manual updates, nothing available according to the GUI next morning after the announcement of an update was made.

That second update was only for the Vero2. Do you have a Vero2?

1 Like

Apologies, did not catch that. I’ve posted elsewhere about the March update rendering my main Vero unusable due to constant blank screen issues, in lieu of an update I’m going to have to drop down to the Jan build.