OSMC's May update is here

Great work. Cec now works for me! I’m happy :grin:
Vero2 is pretty much perfect for me now. Would be interested in an android image (which is in the works I read) and also some more options to tinker around a bit with it would be nice. Like being able to pop in a microsd card with osmc on it and boot from it just to try things out. If I insert a microsd with osmc installer on it, will it still wipe my whole install on internal storage without asking?

OSMC’s May update does include this patch. Please check you updated your system properly

You are right, thanks for the follow up! I ran the updater a second time and a few packages got updated including mediacenter, now System Information reports Kodi 16.1 (instead if RC3) and yes the patch is included.

For some reason I had to ran the updater twice. The first run updated the kernel and a bunch of system packages but not kodi, System Information was reporting May Update (and the new kernel) but kodi wasn’t updated. Likely I should have started the update over CLI (apt-get) instead of VNC/GUI on my headless kodi audio box, my bad.

For those using hi-fi berry dac+: no issues found so far.

…Okay I was too quick, CEC still doesn’t work for me…will open a thread…

@sam_nazarko
“The update resolves connectivity to shares that do not authenticate with ntlmv2 such as Time Capsules.”

How to use the smb share with a time capsule? I always used a device-password protected shared drive with my Time Capsule AC with Drive labeled as “Data”. Since the Badlock CVE update i can´t connect to my Time Capsule any more. Tried the new may update which should solve the problem but it does not. So i set up my raspberry pi 2 as a new one with osmc for the second time now :frowning: what settings should i use in order to use my shares on my time capsule?

Did you try to update again? Search for updates on MyOSMC.
The problem was only fixed with a second update. If your problem remains open a new thread or post in the SMB share not working thread.

Hmm you are right, the second version of the may update fixed it. thanks! wondering why the release note of the first version included that it was fixed. had to set up whole pi2 again :pensive:

IR validated, Logitech Harmony Touch works !
Thanks

Little question… the blog has been updates every newest upgrade it’s been released ?? This because i have uncheck the autoupdates and i can follow the blog for know when i can apply manually some upgrade ?

Of course.

1 Like

With the latest OSMC update on Raspberry Pi 2 B, audio output has stopped working. Neither analogue nor HDMI works in Kodi. I’ve tried rebooting, changing audio output type and volume to no avail.

Playing audio using aplay is silent as well, so doesn’t seem to be a Kodi issue. Sound modules are loaded.

Any hints greatly appreciated!

Update:
Found this: Why is my audio (sound) output not working? - Raspberry Pi Stack Exchange
After running amixer -c 0 cset numid=3 1, I could play sound on the command line (aplay), but still no sound in Kodi.

Update 2:
After rebooting, audio output works in Kodi too. Happy again – thanks for making a great system!

[quote=“fzinken, post:26, topic:16176, full:true”]
Search for updates on MyOSMC. [/quote]
Exactly when is an update considered new/important enough to download ?
I am on version 2016.05-1 and noticed there is a OSMC_TGT_rbp2_20160502.img.gz available, but clicking the manual update, it says I’m up-to-date ?

That’s 2016.05-1, which is the latest version.

Version is year-month, and filename is date generated.

Every monthly update should be considered important / worth updating.