OSMC's November update is here with Kodi 18.5 - OSMC

OSMC's November update is now here with Kodi v18.5. Please be aware that there are currently issues with the TVDB scraper. This is not related to the update and we expect these issues to be resolved shortly.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://osmc.tv/2019/11/osmcs-november-update-is-here-with-kodi-18-5/
14 Likes

Thanks for your hard work, OSMC team! Keep it up. :partying_face:

1 Like

Good to hear, thanks for the update!

Thnx!

Awesome work! Thanks!

Update installed perfectly, device working as expected, good work on the update.

1 Like

@sam_nazarko

will there be system images for this release?

I made installer images available a couple of days ago.

Cheers

Sam

Thank you for this update. However, since applying it, better than half my media won’t play correctly. I’ve never had to troubleshoot media playing before, so I’m not really sure what the full-screen sad face means, but I’m getting that a lot since yesterday afternoon.

If you want some help first open a new thread (the news thread is not for reporting issues) and provide debug enabled logs.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

1 Like

Have anyone upgraded their raspberri pi 3 yet? and can comfirm that itĹ› working?

That’s a “yes” to both.

nice thanks! :slight_smile:

No, on my pi 3 18.5 is unstable. A lot of freezes. Running with tvheadend, samba and a few cron-jobs. Unfortunately I can’t see relevant hints in the logs.

You should start a forum post with logs then.

Did some digging while enabling loglevel to 3. My problem seems to be related with tvheadend. After starting the system spawning dozens of ffmpeg instances leads to a memory problem. I’m using a xml for tvheadend with ffmpeg. System is running out of memory and freezes. Interesting - system was running stable before the update. I re-installed tvheadend and re-configured my xml- and epg lists. Right now the system seems to run stable. There are running a few cronjobs every night (e.g. updating webgrab+) I’ll report again after a few days.

Thank for all the hard work and regular updates to the team…

As promised back to report. System is running stable.

stefan

2 Likes

Hi!!
Where can you see the improvements of this update?

By the way, we still don’t have the HDR10 +, right?

Thanks for everything and greetings!

The November update has been out for a couple of weeks now.

Sam

1 Like