OSMC's October update is here with Kodi 18.4 - OSMC

Raspberry pi 3 B+, updated just now, it is broken, kodi is not loading, sad face icon showing. Let me know how to provide you with a log.

You can provide logs by logging in via ssh and then run grab-logs -A and share the URL. But it seems a fix is already being worked on so for the time being just wait.

Install error on my Vero 4k+, I guess itā€™s about update server disabled but RJ45 updated 2 hours ago, so not sure.

What log should I check for this? Kodi log doesnā€™t show anything about the install try, any other log that can upload from My Osmc app? Thnx

Most likely his very already downloaded the update earlier and he just pressed yes at that time. Just wait a couple of hours and try again

Iā€™ve scheduled OSMC to look for updates every day at 5 am and download them but having to manually confirm the installation of an update. So the Vero 4K downloaded the update six hours ago, displayed the box ā€œUpdates have been downloaded but you need to confirm to install.ā€, and then 2.5 hours ago I installed the update. This is why any changes made after the initial release wouldnā€™t have made it into the update I downloaded. So @fzinken guessed right.

Maybe we can get some feedback of other Vero 4K and 4k+ users in this thread.

Can you log in via SSH and get the log as fzinken desribed?

If it helps, hereā€™s my logs. https://paste.osmc.tv/fozasepedu

1 Like

The issue is now resolved and the update server has been reinstated. The update issue only affected Raspberry Pi, but some Vero users wouldā€™ve seen an update error message as we had to disable the update server for a few hours.

If you continue to experience an issue, please open a new post.

Sam

2 Likes

Looking good, thanks for the fast fix!

1 Like

Looks good. An apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade and all is right with the world again.

Thanks.

Same here. Connected via ssh, updated via command line (as shown here) and now all works again.

Hi, guys! thanks for the quick fix!
Could you please give me some details how am i supposed to perform this commend over ssh? My problem is that the box just keep restarting with that sad face. How should i prevent that?

Thanks in advance!

PLEASE IGNORE: issue solved. Cheers

The whole system isnā€™t rebooting, just kodi and it should not affect your ability to ssh. You can stop that and even fix it without ssh by plugging in a keyboard and

Press ā€œescā€ to get to the terminal prompt and log in with ā€œosmcā€ for both the user and password. After that just type inā€¦

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
reboot

I have Vero4k+ and when I attempt to install the Oct update via SSH (apt-get dist-upgrade), it partially loads a Raspberry version, then I canā€™t upgrade either by SSH or user interface. I had to re-install.

Thatā€™s not possible.

Can you please explain what makes you think itā€™s trying to download Raspberry Pi packages?

Thanks

Sam

In the UI when I go into the OSMC screen, the Raspberry is one of the icon choices. I didnā€™t click on it, so I donā€™t know what was there.

Is this Update ok for man Vero 4K?

The Veroā€™s were not affected with the issues some were seeing on the Raspberry Piā€™s that were causing the sad face loop. You should be fine to update.

A post was split to a new topic: IR Not Working After Update

It was this morning and it is now.

Hello team,

Love my new Vero 4k!

This will be my first try updating. Will my Favourites (from main menu) be lost after I update? If so, is there an easy way to restore those?

Will I have to reinstall add-ons too?

Thanks!