OSMC's October update is here with Kodi 18.4 - OSMC

You should have no issues with your favorites or add-ons. If you would like to exercise a bit of caution there is a backup option in the update section of MyOSMC. You also have the option of waiting a few days just to see if any unexpected issues arise. If you dismiss the upgrade box when it pops up on its own you can manually install at any point from within the MyOSMC add-on.

1 Like

Thank you and thanks for the hard work

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Downloaded and installed all fine now.

3 posts were split to a new topic: No Menu entries after October Update

That would be strange, could you please upload logs so that we can check the packages

Hi!

After update to 2019.10-1 OSMC for RaspberryPI lost USB Wi-Fi adatpter. before that it was operating for 4 years without problems.

Please could you advise how to troubleshoot and resolve the issue. Thank you

1 Like

Being discussed here already

Thank you. Sad news.

Added Shadertoy, Waveform and Spectrum screensavers

Where can i find these. Screen saver settings donā€™t show them.

Actually that screensavers were the reason for the crash that people saw so they needed to be removed to make the devices recovered. May come in next month update after testing

1 Like

can you tell me when the full system image for the Vero 4K+ will be available?

1 Like

Surely in the next few days, as it is after every update.

nope, just updateā€¦ everything will be as before. If you curious just make a backup within the osmc menu prior to the update.

I uploaded logs to cozowaguki, but this was after a clean install and update through the UI. I did save and restore the usersettings folder, so there may be something there.

So you are saying this logs where produced when the problem (Raspberry shown in MyOSMC. Didnā€™t existed anymore?

Yes. Sorry. It didnā€™t occur to me to document it. I just moved to a clean install and update through UI.

Was pleased to see the return of ShaderToy, but I canā€™t seem to get it working. The music visualisation settings donā€™t allow me to select any of the presets that used to show. I tried the screensaver but got a ā€œAn unknown error occurredā€. I installed from the Popcornmix repo though, so maybe Iā€™m looking in the wrong place? Come to think of it, Waveform and Spectrum Analyser arenā€™t listed either.

They got pulled from this update but should be coming back soon.

1 Like

Depends on which device the user is running. Theyā€™re still active on the Vero.

Thanks for all the hard work, 18.4 is running nicely on my Vero 4k+ (updated it 24H ago).

1 Like