Our v18 Leia OSMC skin

Just installed the update and I actually really like the idea! Nice work! I’m having trouble with Rotten Tomatoes, can’t make it show, … but I guess it is something with Universal Movie Scraper. Also, is there a way to show Metacritic in format XX, not X.X

edit: oh, and one more thing, I’m not a fan of auto scrolling large blocks of text with extended movies plots on second screen, can we scroll trough it manually in some way? I know it would require some new UI elements, but maybe it is already doable and I dont know how :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Not sure about Rottentomatos, but I think you need an API key which they only hand out to Patreon backers at the moment.
Thats unfortunately the only way to show it, if the scraper doesn’t offer any options. The skin is simply showing what the scraper puts into the database field for ratings.

That was the way I planned to do it initially for the second screen plot text, but the manual scrolling (scrollbar) is utterly broken in Kodi for textboxes in Kodi, it seems.

Hi,
I would like to install latest changes made for official osmc skin, but I would also like to remain in stable osmc update channel. Is it contradictory? If not how to install latest osmc skin update?

These changes are in the last update.

Changes from GitHub - Ch1llb0/skin.osmc

I have installed May update only (19 May update).
I will rerun update script on monday after returning from holiday.

There has been another update on the 29th.

1 Like

Ok, I have installed latest version and Refresh movie info (Refresh in the Show information window) doesn’t work.

Debug log: https://paste.osmc.tv/usebalumac

Your scan ran fine. How do you mean that Refresh Movie info does not work?

On the Movie Information screen there is an option to refresh metadata for this particular title. I click on it and it does not work.

That’s a bug I’m aware of. It’s already fixed on GitHub. Will push it to staging soon. It slipped through… Sry :innocent:

1 Like

Good evening.

I like the OSMC skin but it lakes more customisation tools like some of the other kodi skins.

I like the look of the plex player, they layout etc. is there a version of this skin but with plex logo taken out and kodi added instead.

Also is there a way og setting background images to auto updae/change by pointing the destination drvie to google.

example google chrome case rotates and changes its images automaticaly based on theme or random images could this be added into osmc

We believe this is a Kodi issue or a specific Kodi function and as such you should look at addressing the issue there. If you do believe that this is an OSMC specific issue, please let us know.

1 Like