Panasonic TV - File not Supported - Oh yes it is

We had a power cut last week and it took out my OSMC (18) Pi 2’s SDCard -
I have downloaded the latest and greatest OSMC (19) and installed it on a new SDCard, configured DLNA and remote control. I can search the servers hard drive and find the film I want but…

…when I try to play an mp4 film remotely via DLNA on the Panasonic TV I get file not supported from the TV. Which is just wrong as it is the same film and hard disk that it was playing from the week before (and it plays OK when I directly connect via HDMI).

You could blame 19 but as I recall on 18 I initially had the same problem but I can not recall what I changed to make it work 6 months ago…

Any suggestions other than a complete reload again ?

Kodi v19 is experimental.
You should report which build introduced the issue in the testing thread.

Sam

Thanks Sam,
I doubt it was introduced in 19 as I recall having had the problem before with 18 and eventually I managed to get it to work - but I do not have a full set of notes from 6 months ago.

Try downloading a DLNA client on another device, like a phone and seeing if it works.

Sam

A fresh install of the 1812 download (File is actually OSMC_TGT_rbp2_20190105.img ) is now working fine.

The failing build was OSMC_TGT_rbp2_20190522.img but as I have overwritten the SDCARD I am unable to test or debug it now.

thanks…

I can play mp4s on my Panny via UPnP and through the filesystem (nfs). Latest release on Vero. H264 and H265. I can’t think how RPi might be different.

New SDCards arrived so I installed OSMC_TGT_rbp2_20190522.img on one of them and followed it with an immediate sudo apt-get dist-upgrade and all is well with the Panny this time.

Struggling getting my python3 scripts to run but that is a different matter…

Good to hear. I did investigate this further and found that there are indeed files that won’t play on my EX700 via UPnP (from Vero or RPi). None of them are mp4. I can’t find a common characteristic between them. If you have any further issues, let us know.

On the plus side, I discovered the Panny can play 4k h264 files which Vero struggles with :smiley: