Patch notes for updates?

Hey,

OSMC performance has been pretty wonky since the Kodi 17 update. In the last few weeks I often turned on OSMC to find the “OSMC UPDATE AVAILABLE” message. Sometimes performance got worse in certain areas.
Before I update I would like to know what is being addressed with the update so I wanted to know if there is like a dev blog or something where you release the “patch notes” for each update.
I cannot seem to find “announcement threads” or something similar in the forum when it comes to individual, small updates.
Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks but this blog is too general and unspecific. The newest OSMC system update is like… 1 day old? The one before that maybe 10 days?
This blog addresses the switch to Krypton and then Vero4K, not the little details and developments on OSMC in between and what specifically is being fixed and changed.

There have been no OSMC specific updates for a couple weeks at least. These are likely debian system updates and would likely be found there.

We pushed a couple of improvements for the Vero 4K release. Some of these improvements will also benefit other platforms.

All of the changes we have made will be fully documented in a near future update.

Sam