Perpetual crash/frown after reboot

Hi all,

Have been using the Vero V for quite some time and after every reboot/power cycle when I use Kore (the Android Kodi remote control app) the system crashes then reloads and I can use the app without issue.

Had fully rebuilt the unit via USB drive, updated to latest OSMC release (Aug 2024) and can consistently recreate so I enabled debug logging and recreated. Logs below
https://paste.osmc.tv/eboyiwabaq

I can see the crash – but it’s not clear why it is occurring. Maybe Kore is trying to do something like a library refresh when it connects.

I don’t have an Android device to test, but I think this may be identical? ‎Official Kodi Remote on the App Store.

I would be curious if Yatse causes your device to crash…

Hi Sam,

Can confirm the same crash occurs with yatse. After the initial reboot and the first cursor movement happens (usually down but any direction) get a frown face then afterwards the remotes work without issue.

To add further oddities- have 2x vero 4k and those work without issue in the same manner, just the V having the crash/frown.

Did you restore the user data from the Vero 4K to the V? Are they all running the same version of OSMC.

No copying of user profiles at all. I did a fresh install on the V each time - first when I received the unit and again when I rebuilt it with the usb installer.

Both units are running the Aug 2024 build - thats why I finally flagged the scenario when I isolated to just the V. Same add-ons used, same libraries.

Ok, will try and reproduce but I got have an iOS device.

Sounds good. If it makes it any easier I can run any specific commands/builds to help isolate on my unit as well.