Pgs subtitle position

You don’t need to copy them over. If you’re a bit handy with scripts you can automate a lot.
You can write some script that uses e.g. ffmpeg or mkvinfo to verify which files have PGS subtitles and extract those. After you’ve converted them you can have another script that remuxes these subtitles into the movies.
I do this on my NAS (FreeNAS) or via cygwin on my Windows PC. But I suppose you can do something simular in powershell.

Wauw it seems you are very handy.
Can you help me with that?
My movies are stored on an unraid machine…

Not knowing anything about unraid makes it a bit difficult. Does it have shell access? Can you install binaries like ffmpeg, mkvtoolnix etc on it?

You could just do it all on the Vero 4K, it should be more than powerful enough.

It seems https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/40090-support-mkvtoolnix-gui-container/

Huh how? Im really not very skilled to make my own scripts…

Will this all work for different files? I mean, i got mkv, i got m2ts files, bdmv format files and iso too…

No better time to learn than now :smiley:

I never would have guessed where to put fonts for subtitles, since Kodi doesn’t have any concept of “global” fonts. Skins (and other add-ons) can have fonts as part of their install, but Kodi usually uses the “system” fonts. Since there is no defined place for that in Linux without X, I wouldn’t have guessed that you could add fonts.

Also, I couldn’t find the directory at first, since it is “/usr/share/kodi/media/Fonts”…Linux is case-sensitive. Are there any other config needed to make this work (like specific filenames, or a config file), or are the font files in it examined for font names?

Have a look here: https://kodi.wiki/view/Subtitles#Adding_fonts

Ok pls help me out here step by step, with the easiest way?

Nrosizer or anyone else?

sorry, don’t even have time to do all my own stuff, let alone someone else’s…

I wish this was easier, still stuck on this. Cant use the zidoo cant use vero 4k cause kodi doesnt move them up
Any chance leia will be able to do this? Nor do they reply on kodi forums about the issue

Silly question, but your sure your not just overscanning the picture? I say this bc my Kuro is a little wierd here and I also had my subs under the screen and “moving” the subs in video calibration did nothing for me but moving the entire picture up did the trick. (Recalibrating the arrows). Unless your subs are outside the movie itself?

Moving the arrows will result in a loss of picture quality and should be avoided at all costs. It appears above that OPs solution is to remux his files with converted subs.

I didnt think of that, good to be reminded of what this actually does, my Kuro just overscans like a !¤#"% so its either that, missing like an inch all over, or using the data mode (1:1) but that gives 0-255 instead of 16-235.

Doesn’t this only make a difference if you have the Vero send RGB? On my Panasonic, even if I force 0-255, it doesn’t change the picture if I send YCbCr.

It screws up all other stuff i got set for limited.

No im not overscannig