Philips Hue HDMI Sync Box

Hi all!

Over the past years, I have been happily using my setup combining

• LG OLED C9 television
  • Philips Hue HDMI Sync Box
  • Philips Hue Gradient Light Strip
  • Vero 4K+

While I previously primarily played BluRay sources, I have also started to watch more Web-DL sources. When I watch BluRay sources (1080p and 4K, including HDR in some cases), the light strip works perfectly. No latency whatsoever. However, when I play Web-DL sources, there is a noticeable latency (roughly 1 or 2 seconds) between what’s shown on the television and the colors of the light strip. It also feels a bit “choppier” in the way the colors are “moving around”.

Any idea what the cause could be? And if this potentially will be gone when I start using my Vero V (which is soon to be delivered :grinning:).

Many thanks in advance for your responses!

Hi

Is the light strip controlled by OSMC?

If it isn’t, I’m not sure how it could be a performance problem (and be improved by a faster Vero).
If you were using something like Hyperion then I could understand, yes…

Sam

Thanks for the replay, Sam! The light strip is controlled by the Philips Hue Sync Box. But I was so extremely confused on why some sources were handled without any issues and some had a latency in the light strip that I just took my chance and see if it could remotely be influenced by the Vero :slight_smile:

I have been playing around a bit more, and the issue seems to be completely resolved after activating the “Force 422 color subsampling” in Kodi!

Tomorrow my Vero V will be delivered. Can’t wait!

2 Likes

Great, let us know if you need any help setting it up

Sam

1 Like