Phpmyadmin root login not possible

This is the advanced settings file copied over from osmc to tablet

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
true true MyVideos 192.168.1.xxx osmc password mysql 3306

Here is the sources file copied from osmc and copied to my tablet.

<sources>
<programs>
    <default pathversion="1"></default>
</programs>
<video>
    <source>
        <name>Auto-mounted drives</name>
        <path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.1.118/Elements/Plex/Shared Movies/Movies/</path>
        <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
    </source>
</video>
<music>
    <source>
        <name>Auto-mounted drives</name>
        <path pathversion="1">/media/</path>
        <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
    </source>
</music>
<pictures>
</pictures>
<files>
</files>
<games>
</games>

What should they look like if they are wrong, what i am finding is when i rescan the files on my tablet it works but then i get the same problem of no file avalaible on th OSMC machine when trying to play directly.

I have followed the guide that is on here but iand various video tutorials and it does not explain what to do after you have copied over the sources and advanced settings xml

As long as the tabletā€™s Kodi version has SMB support this should work with no changes. Check the Kodi logs on the tablet when trying to play a video to find out why itā€™s failing.

Do the videos play OK from OSMC? Did you check as @darwindesign suggested to verify the file path?

EDIT:

If thatā€™s the case, look at the path on both systems. The paths are not matching, and they should.

Post a log from OSMC when the video fails to play, maybe we will see a clue why itā€™s failing.

ok i will do i am reformatting the SD card at the moment and will re do it all again, my question is if both source files are the same then shouldnā€™t they match

initialy on osmc the automounted drive bath auto mounts as media/ i edited the source to point directly as media/elments/movie folder.

my tablet is a samung galaxy tab10

So the source that you posted here was not the source that you were really using? That makes it impossible for us to help you if you keep switching things like that.

And why are you re-installing OSMC? Iā€™ve never had to do that (except with a failed SD card).

i started to rescan the files via osmc and when it was rescanning stated throwing up weired file names that dont exsit.

no what i meant was whn i first install osmc my element hard drive auto enable and when i look at the path of that file it says media/ what i have posted in the screen shots is what i edited the paths too and what my system was using at the time, i was just expling how it looked before i made the changes.

I think this is starting to sound a bit DĆ©jĆ  vu

Your sources are just were Kodi goes looking to scan new content, NOTHING MORE. When you change them this ONLY affects how it scan in new content. When it scans in media files it stores the location as an absolute path. As such when you change your path and scan again you get duplicates because you have a new location with a new absolute path, even if they are only pointing to a path to get to the same files.

So, as has already been explained several times recently you have to either dump your library and start fresh, or do a proper path substitution. I think I was quite exhaustive in the how-to I wrote with exactly how that system works.

1 Like

once i get it set up again il post my steps but will leave eveything as default settings except for what i need to change

Iā€™m going to close this thread, since it has NOTHING to do with phpMyAdmin. I believe that you had started a thread about how to properly setup paths and path substitution already, so thatā€™s where this should be discussed.