Pi 2 / 3 / 3+ upgrade to 4 / 400

It worked :slight_smile: Here’s my little unclean history (the missing numbers have been debugging).

# make the system multiarch
  465  dpkg --add-architecture arm64
  466  apt update

# this command crashed, If you execute command 483 before this, fixing the broken dependencies may be easier
  480  apt install rbp4-device-osmc
# comment the line with the exit 1 inside this file (package should be marked as essential instead of doing this)
  483  nano /var/lib/dpkg/info/rbp2-device-osmc.prerm
# now the removal works
  490  apt remove rbp2-device-osmc
# try the installation again
  491  apt install rbp4-device-osmc
# there are some problems because the packages are not having correct Break: and Conflicts:
  492  apt remove rbp2-kernel-osmc
  493  dpkg --remove rbp2-kernel-osmc
  494  apt install -f
  495  dpkg --remove rbp2-ftr-osmc
  496  apt install -f
# remove old kernels, you can check your old kernels with apt list rbp2-image\*
  497  dpkg --remove rbp2-image-4.19.122-2-osmc 
  498  dpkg --remove rbp2-image-5.10.32-2-osmc
# now the new kernel (64-bit) is installed and old ones are removed. This means you cannot boot on rpi2 anymore, (I didn't try rpi3).
  499  systemctl poweroff

I forgot to set arm_64bit=1 in config.txt but switching the sd-card to the rpi4 worked anyway, so who cares ;). The only thing I had to do was to place the new MAC in my DHCP-Settings and reenable ipv6 (Enabling IPv6 in OSMC - #9 by ActionA)

I know, there are still tasks missing, like switching some applications from armhf to arm64 like apt and coreutils and stuff. I might also get problems when updates are coming in place but for now, I’m happy :wink: – and it was waaaaay less work then reinstalling because I’m running a lot of other applications on the device – that’s my reason for using osmc, it has debian :slight_smile: