Pi 3 config.txt - overclock settings

Default (I assume you mean Normal) will get you
arm=900
sdram=450
core=450

which is worse than the 1200 that a pi 3 with no overclocking runs at.

Turbo will not do any better
arm=1000
sdram=500
core=500

But I think the point is here that there is no preset for 1200, nor is there a way to remove overclocking, which is what I think the original posters wanted to know. If I knew nothing about the pi. I wouldnā€™t want to use custom settings.

Ok I agree this is confusing as I just learned the values have not been update. But if you choose default/normal even so it shows 900 MHz it just will remove all values which means the RPI3 will run at 1200. You can reconfirm the speed it is actually running at ā€œSystem Informationā€

So I just checked and normal does remove overclocking.

1 Like

What are your ram etc set at?

Just set it at normal. Then after a reboot it should say 1200 (1.2ghz) in Settings>System info.

You should probably wait for the faster speeds till they are preset in My OSMC.

As I said previously Iā€™m at 1.45 ghz

1.45? Nice! So you run a heatsync? What are your oclock settings?
I just upgraded from pi2 to 3 by just swapping sd card. On 1st boot mine showed 900mhz. I set to turbo> apply, then set to normal>apply- reboot and now shows 1200mhzā€¦

I found the no rpi3 setting confusing. Normal is 1200MHz after reboot but what itā€™s set gpu cpu ram sharing is a mystery.

Iā€™ve just upgraded from a Pi 2 to Pi 3 (same SD card image). Clock speed appears to be 1200MHz in system information, as expected. However the overclock profiles in My OSMC all appear to be the Pi 2 values.

This post indicated that the overclock profiles werenā€™t updated for the initial release with Pi 3 support but that they would be updated for Pi 3 in due course:

Should I be seeing Pi 3 overclock profiles in My OSMC? Iā€™m running the latest 2016-05 update.

No. Just set to normal and all is fine

OK, cheers. If I want to try and overclock, are the Custom profile values in My OSMC honoured?

Yes.