Pi 3 WiFi unstable

Thanks, if you put it inside the Installer it can be done from the beginning, but then you need to seperate between RPi 2 and Rpi 3 (but it shouldn’t affect the RPi 2 but maybe with the Original Dongle from the foundation)

I wouldn’t add it to the original installer. It’s an odd preseed step and would probably confuse some users. Disabling via My OSMC would be good enough.

how do I undo the above command sudo iwconfig wlan0 power off to /etc/rc.local - I have copied my osmc img onto another pi3 for my daughter on the wifi dongle does not start with osmc as in connect to the internet is there a way to undo this so it connects automatically when osmc boots thanks

If you added it to /etc/rc.local than just remove it and reboot.
But your problem might have other reasons so try to provide logs.

@fzinken hi mate thanks for the reply how do I delete it like so /etc/rc.local then rm iwconfig wlan0 power off … ? thanks

You remove stuff the same way you added it!
I don’t know which steps you followed but if you followed this one:

then you just edit /etc/rc.local and remove the lines again.

CTRL + K when you select the correct line

Hi there,

This thread is quite old but I was having the same problem. My solution was to change the channel of my wireless network. Apparently channel 12 and 13 are not stable for Raspberry Pi?

I hope this helps other people with the same problem.

It’s much more likely that those channels are not stable in your environment and not for any reason specific to the hardware itself. Glad you are up and running anyway.

Channels 12 and 13 are “overlapping” channels and will cause issues with other peoples networks and therefore should not be used.

Ok, thanks for the extra info about the channels.