PI +B v.1.2 install problems

Hi
I have this strange problem
I have this New Raspberry Pi 2 (I have 3) but the problem i having whit this one is that i cant install any raspberry 2 images on it, when i boot it i having the colord screen and it not starting op, just like it not reading the card, and its not just osmc, i have try a lot af others Pi2 images same problem? But I can install Pi1 images os it?
and yes it is a PI2 on the bord it says Raspberry pi model B+ v1.2
any one ther can helpe me?? Thanx
Martin

Pretty sure that’s a Pi 1. Try this [image] (http://download.osmc.tv/installers/diskimages/OSMC_TGT_rbp1_20150412.img.gz) for the Raspberry Pi 1.

This is a Pi 2:

Mine say “Raspberry Pi 2 Model B v1.1” so it’s looking like you don’t have a Pi 2

This is the back side of the Raspberry Pi B+

This is the back side of the Raspberry pi 2

The Raspberry pi model B+ v1.2 is a Pi1

Way dont you belive me?
this is my pi

That’s a Pi 1 NOT a PI 2 Why don’t you believe me??

becore this is the 3 one im making the 2 othres is just like this one and the work whit osmc2 img and i do also have a pi1 and thats have a sd card

Yes it is a Pi1

Here is a photo of my Pi 2

It’s hard to tell if you’re trolling or just in denial, but that is absolutely 100% definitely a Pi 1 B+ and not a Pi 2.

I have both so I know what I’m talking about :wink:

They look very similar especially on the top but there are two easy ways to tell them apart. The main CPU chip on the top of a Pi 2 says Broadcom BCM2836, while on the Pi 1 B+ it doesn’t say Broadcom, it will say Samsung or Hynix as it is actually a ram chip with the CPU buried underneath.

The other way to tell is to look at the bottom of the board as shown in thansen_dk’s photos - a Pi 2 has a black ram chip on the bottom while the Pi 1 B+ does not. (On the B+ it’s on top of the CPU on the top side of the board)

The fact that it will boot a Pi 1 image and not a Pi 2 image tells you every thing you need to know.

If you’ve been sold that as a Pi 2 then either the seller has made a mistake or you’ve been had.

1 Like

Stop wasting my team’s time.

We have hundreds of thousands of users running OSMC on a daily basis. If the install process was flawed we would have known about it.

You have a Raspberry Pi 1. Select ‘Raspberry Pi 1’ accordingly. I will update the installer to make this more clear.

S