Pi rebooting randomly

https://paste.osmc.tv/dicoxevexa Hi guys not been here in a while having problems with my pi just rebooting the dreaded not smiling face appears randomly when watching a video any info would be great had a look at the logs myself but :joy::joy::joy: thanks

15:27:40.472 T:1374680048   ERROR: PVR - exception 'std::bad_alloc' caught while trying to call 'GetEPGForChannel' on add-on 'IPTV Simple PVR Add-on:connected'. Please contact the developer of this add-on: nightik

Try disable IPTV and see what happens.

Oct 09 15:27:41 Bedroom kernel: Out of memory: Kill process 401 (kodi.bin) score 914 or sacrifice child
Oct 09 15:27:41 Bedroom kernel: Killed process 401 (kodi.bin) total-vm:1667772kB, anon-rss:697468kB, file-rss:1012kB, shmem-rss:0kB
Oct 09 15:27:41 Bedroom kernel: oom_reaper: reaped process 401 (kodi.bin), now anon-rss:0kB, file-rss:0kB, shmem-rss:0kB

You are basically running out of memory. It can happen with IPTV providers that have thousands of channels.

Cheers Sam I’ll give it a go thank you for responding :+1:t2:

The paid addon for tv that I’m using uses iptv integration on startup can this have a work around thanks

Unfortunately it seems there’s not enough memory on the system. You could try reducing the amount of memory allocated to the GPU a bit; but then there may not be enough memory for hardware accelerated playback.

Sam

I’d heard a rumour that there’s something called a Fairy4K (or something similar) that has a massive 2GB of RAM, surely enough for @aberboy77’s needs. Would you care to comment? :grin:

@dillthedog Do you mean the vero 4K ? :joy:

Inspired! I think you might be onto something there…

Unfortunately if you have thousands of channels with your provider, you may suffer memory pressure on Pi.

The Vero 4K will relieve this, but buying hardware to solve a problem isn’t always ideal. Sometimes reducing the number of EPG days cached will solve the problem. Contact your IPTV provider. I am sure they have Pi users.

Otherwise, @dillthedog has given you the answer :wink:

Sam