Pi Zero

hi Sam!

Wanna try installing OSMC today on a raspberry zero, were you able to update the installer? Is it safe to use the currently available for this purpose?

Thank you!

The installer was updated: just grab the November image from Download - OSMC or the Windows / Mac / Linux installers

Sam

1 Like

Thank you Sam!

None booting. I taken Nov. version. the rainbow square is displayed on the full height of screen at the beginning and nothing does moreā€¦

Did you use the installer? Have you choosen Pi Zero?

Yes. I used installer, just redownload a few minutes ago, selected RPI (1) certainly.

But. Lucky me!!!
I have old RPI 1 board.
Put the card and boot in this board. It success.
Then move the card to RPI Zero and it works!!!

If iā€™m not mistaken there is no zero on the installerā€™s list. Just pi 1 and 2.

some problem with CEC - not working in RPI Zero.

when I move the sdcard back to RPI all works well inlc. CEC control from TV pilot.
when I move the sdcard back again to RPI Zero, CEC is not working.

But I have no experience and knowledge if any manual editing of config.xml could help.

Select Pi 1. Zero is a subset model of Pi 1.

Sam

1 Like

So I did. Please read my previous messages. I move sdcard from RPI to RPI Zero and vice versa. All is working in RPI, some features still missed in Zero. Like Yatse. Working on RPI but not in Zero, with the same usb wifi dongle.

Yatse is not tied to OSMC. This suggests a network issue. I would start a new post.

Sam

any idea how to fix CEC ?
its hard to use all external hardware with RPI Zero because usb has no power out.
CEC could be useful. I can get in Pi settings and see some CEC options, but Iā€™f afraid to touch.

Iā€™m not sure about my HDMI-mHDMI cable. Should be 2 version. But I will try to check another one tomorrow. Because RPI is working with HDMI-HDMI incl CEC. Maybe this is a problem. HDMI-mHDMI is working fine with RPI Zero, output 1080p no problem.

I would need to see a log to be able to deduce anything

Sam

I can confirm the problem of CEC was from some poor hdmi>microhdmi cable.
I switched to the new cable and CEC is working fine!!

Hello! I found this thread while trying to get OSMC to boot on my Pi Zero. Unfortunately, I cannot. I am using the November image, and I see the normal multicolored boot image before getting nothing; as some above have described. Unfortunately, the solution seems to be to plug it into a Pi 1 and then move it back, but I do not own a Pi 1, just a Pi 2. Are there any other solutions to try?

I have already used the Pi, the power, and this SD card to load Raspian and this was successful.

Use the latest installer and download the image via the installer and it should work

I tried this and it still does not boot. I also tried installing the image manually; same result each time.

Are you sure your Pi Zero and SD card are OK ?

Can you boot Raspbian on the same SD card ?

Yes, I can boot Raspbian on the same card and Zero, as well as some other OSs; just not OSMC. Iā€™ve tried a few cards now, none even begin booting.

And you are definitely choosing Pi 1 in the installer, and choosing 2015-11-2 ?

Can you show a directory listing of the fat partition after the PC/Mac installer has written to the card ?