(Pi3) Lots of freezing, hanging, missing skins

Hi guys,

I received my Pi3 yesterday and immediately went to work installing the latest version of OSMC on it (or rather the SD card that’s going into it). I love the features OSMC provides so I’ve been making the move to it from OpenELEC.

There are a couple problems, however. Videos play fine, it seems, but navigating menus causes the OS to hang for a while before loading the next screen or in some cases, freeze altogether. There was a point as well where I had to wipe the SD card and re-install following a constant “unable to build shortcut menu” error, but I suspect that’s related to the skin I had enabled at the time.

And on the note of skins, what happened? It’s just a cosmetic issue obviously and probably not too much of a concern, but a lot of the skins that were originally available under the “Get More…” option are missing, even ones I installed mere weeks ago on a different Pi. Am I doing something wrong or has support for some skins been dropped with this newest version of OSMC?

Sorry for my dumb issues, thanks guys!

OSMC is already on Kodi Jarvis v16 so not all skins are supported

Yeah, I kind of suspected that may be the issue.

I’m going to mess around with it more tonight and see if I can get it to stop hanging/freezing.

If you still have problems just provide debug logs so we can check it out.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. Please see How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC for advice on how to help us.