Playback of DVD ripped with DVDFab to X264

Hi,

I’ve a DVD ripped to x264 with DVDFab. Copied video and audio as is and saved subs to file.
When I play the x264 (mkv) file on OSMC (Raspberry pi 2) the video and audio aren’t in sync. Video runs slow and catches up with audio every 10-20 secs. If I play the same files om VLC (on a PC) it plays perfectly.
Does anybody have an idea on how to solve this?

Thanks…

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information, including logs from you. Please see How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC for advice on how to help us.

If it’s possible you can share whit us the Mediainfo about what’s codec and what’s encoders settings you are used for obtain this x264 :slight_smile:

I’ve uploaded details from MediaInfo onto: http://paste.osmc.io.

Well you would need to give the exact URL where you uploaded the info.

1 Like

Lol exactly… i obtain a totally blue page :slight_smile: @WIZZs fix the link :slight_smile:

Maybe someone else that uses DVDFab can give you some recommended settings.

Sam

Here is the correct link.
http://paste.osmc.io/rubiyabesu.tex

Do you have the MPEG2 license purchased? Otherwise you will not be able to play this video smoothly

No, but the DVD is converted to x264 MKV file. So there would be no need for MPEG2 licence.
Anyway if you’re convinced that a licence will solve it, I’ll purchase one.

What makes you believe that? If the file would be x264 then yes the codec would not be needed. But the Mediainfo you gave speaks a different language.

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : MPEG Video
Format version                           : Version 2
Format profile                           : Main@Main
Format settings, BVOP                    : Yes
Format settings, Matrix                  : Custom
Format settings, GOP                     : Variable
Format settings, picture structure       : Frame
Codec ID                                 : V_MPEG2
Codec ID/Info                            : MPEG 1 or 2 Video

I see it now. I copied the source as is. But I now converted the DVD to x264 codec, so that would probably work.
Thank you all very much for the help.

Yes… apparently it’s not a x264 files… this is a MPEG-2 files.

Your mkv files it’s only a mpeg2 muxed inside a mkv container but it’s not a x264 files… you need to reconvert all video for obtain a x264 files…

EDIT
I can suggest to use MeGUI whit last developer upgrade… for obtain a .mp4 x264 files…

It may make more sense to just pay the codec license, and save time converting all of your files and avoid a potential reduction in quality from further transcoding.

1 Like

Yes, I’ll buy the MPEG2 licence. It’s cheap anyway :slight_smile:

Absolutely right :slight_smile: but if @WIZZs want to really convert to a x264 :slight_smile: