Playback of packed 3D (3D ISO)

Fantastic news! Thanks for it OSMC team

This was in the works in 2017 so when you say itā€™s ā€œalmost thereā€, are we talking 1-6 months or 1+ years?

ā€œAlmost thereā€ means itā€™s almost there. The works will be finished when itā€™s done, doesnā€™t matter when they started.

Almost there means someone with the coding skills, time, motivation and, crucially, a 3-D TV has come forward to contribute to this open-source project in the last few weeks and has FP working in a test set-up by hard-coding some things.

We are working on getting it properly integrated into the existing Kodi and kernel.

3 Likes

Is this some sort of competition entry meant to convey the smallest possible amount of meaning using the largest possible number of words?

Cool! :slight_smile: Count me among the (I suspect) many who would be delighted to do some beta testing on this.

Canā€™t wait for this!

Thank you to all involved in keeping this developing. You will have a lot of appreciative forum members when this is released. Thanks again.

Me too! Really appreciate everyone whoā€™s working on this. Trying to find the perfect 3D MKV Kodi player has been a multi year saga for me, so this is a huge deal!

Zidoo X9S is probably your best bet at the moment.

See https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=221407

How are we doing on this chaps?

still working on it as time permits. I canā€™t say I really understand it (no 3D here) but getting all of FP, SBS and TAB working at the same time is not quite there yet.

:pray:

We have faith in you :slight_smile:

FP is far and away the most important of those three; I canā€™t think of any reason why a 3D aficionado would want or need either of the other two if frame-packed output is available. The others only become relevant as inferior fall-backs if FP isnā€™t an option.

Yes I agree, FP is the only one needed.

Because if only one of these options works, it means you have a bigger problem.

I have both FP & SBS. As SBS works now and most of the 3D movies I have are SBS, I would not want that to be removed for the sake of having FP working. Once FP is working, I will slowly replace the SBS with FP. Having SBS, OU & FP working would be what to aim for. Keep everyone happy :slight_smile:

Any way to get a (email) notification when 3D FP is declared to be supported/working on vero 4k ? I would then like to buy a vero 4k.

Thanks

You can sign up to the newsletter or keep an eye on this thread.

Sam

Can we get MVC output into 4K SBS/OU or do we have to wait for the full feature (FP + everything else)?