Playback Stop / slow

Nope but that’s an idea. I’m gonna try it, thanks.

So, according to another member, adding this file was not a good idea.

Hi,

It wasn’t that it was a bad idea, there was an issue with the advancedsettings.xml; which was advised to be removed. Try again following the instructions provided in the other topic.

Thanks Tom.

Sure but i don’t see what lines to add, just the nano command. Thanks

see post 21 in this topic

1 Like

Ok so the same as the file by directly using nano. Thanks.

Edit : i had this message while saving : Error writing ~.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml: No such file or director

The file does not exist until you create it.

You are missing one slash, just after ~

1 Like

Thanks[quote=“ooZee, post:29, topic:37982”]
You are missing one slash, just after ~
[/quote]

Thanks.

No change, here is the log : https://paste.osmc.tv/fibohoduka

Hi,

Apologies typo in the advanced.xml I provided the other evening:

<advancedsettings>
	<cache>
    	<memorysize>62914560</memorysize>
    	<buffermode>1</buffermode>
    	<readfactor>6.0</readfactor>
    </cache>
</advancedsettings>

See the first advancedsettings tag does not have a slash, also apologizes for the typo in the other topic for the nano command.

(Will edit both posts for future users with similar issues.)

Thanks Tom.

No problem :slight_smile:

No changes : https://paste.osmc.tv/kudusuzila

Hi,

I can see your network is wired rather than wifi, which is good. Is the vero4k plugged straight in the router, or are using a network switch or powerline adaptors. If it is a direct connection to the router, are you able to try a different network cable? Essentially I think there maybe a network problem at play here.

Thanks Tom.

Or perhaps @KeizerSausze networks it’s slow, His Freebox router is lazy
take a look to
https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/no-network-smb/38077/243

The log file shows that you have a cache readfactor value of 6.0, which means that Kodi will try to read the video stream at a maximum speed that is 6 times the bitrate of the video.

The bitrate of the Planet Earth video is showing as 35 Mbits/second. On a 100 Mbit LAN, even a readfactor of 2.0 would push the LAN’s speed limits.

But most interesting for me is this line:

21:01:17.807 T:3507483632 DEBUG: CDVDInputStreamFile::SetReadRate - set cache throttle rate to 4801352 bytes per second

which is only about 10% higher than the video’s bitrate, leaving very little safety margin if a transient network issue occurs.

A search for this message took me to the source code here, which confirms that it is deliberately capping the rate at 10% higher than the “requested rate”, whatever that might be.

So it’s not clear if the advanced settings readfactor is being honoured in this case - and the poor performance suggests that it might have been ignored.

Yes, i don’t use WiFi for such a thing.

No, the Vero 4K is not directly connect to the Freebox, witch is a modem routeur, but through CPL, typically french i assume, network goes through power grid.

Please let me point out that before this evening they’re wasn’t advancedsettings.xml .

Hi,

Ok, so are you able to try a different network cable? It wouldn’t be the first time a faulty network cable, has caused similar issues.

Tom.

Right. I’m be able to test in right now but it worth the try.

Thanks