Playback stops 7 minutes into the video

I’m playing a 3D film from a .iso file, here. Playback stops at around 00:07:19. Trying to skip past that point causes it to stop too.

It could be that the video file is messed up somehow, but I’m 90% sure that it played successfully a few months ago (back when I was running Krypton).

Do the logs reveal anything useful?

https://paste.osmc.tv/xavijeyene

Looks like a throughput issue

Could you elaborate?

Discontinuities look to be caused by a lack of bandwidth.

You mean lack of network bandwidth? It’s running on a Raspberry Pi 3B+, connected with gigabit Ethernet; the server is a Windows PC, sharing files as NFS exports using Hanewin; the Pi is using autofs to mount them. It seems to be caching normally. The same server can feed my Vero 4K+ with 4K/HDR video okay. I don’t see where the bottleneck could be.

Pi 3B+

Gigabit Ethernet over USB 2.0 (maximum throughput 300 Mbps)

You’re not exactly comparing apples to apples here…

Yeah, but come on, 3D blu-ray has a peak bit-rate of 50Mb/s - the fact that the network connection is capped at 300Mb/s shouldn’t have any impact.

Fair point. In cases like this the general recommendation is to see if it is reproducible from locally attached storage.

The SD card I’m using is only 32GB, so the file is too big to copy onto that. I tried copying it onto a USB stick - that plays, but the player still exits every time at exactly the same place that it does when playing the video over the LAN.

Stick is formatted as exFAT, I don’t know if that could be a problem…?

Can you try ext4?

• … could be that video file is messed up …
  • … I’m 90% sure that it played sucessfully …

this is a good candidate for wasting time by hunting phantom problems!

• So, does it work with Krypton?
  • What is exact “messed up”?
  • Is the expectation correct running a defect file error-free on a mediaplayer?
1 Like

To the best of my recollection, yes. But reinstalling an earlier, Krypton-based OSMC image to check, quite possibly followed by reinstalling Leia again, is rather more effort than I face right now.

To the best of my knowledge, absolutely nothing. But it has been able to play other 3D videos in the past without this problem occurring, so I can’t discount the possibility that there may be something “special” about this particular .iso that is causing problems.

I’d first determine that before proceeding as it will likely save us both time on our sides if it does end up to be just a problematic file.