Playback Video - sound stuttering after March 5th Update

Same problem here, only happends when rtorrent is downloading a file (no matter the download speed). Not happening before March 2018 update.

@sam_nazarko my audio issues have disappeared with a combination of the following.

• Installed your latest build
  • changed the speaker setup to 2.0 from 5.1 on the setup - system - audio output - number of channels

Just thought I’d let you know.

mmmmmm…
Memorysize 0
Buffermode 157etc etc

I thinks there’s some errors… try to use the tag CODE :slight_smile:

example

Aah, I was wondering how to enter code! Thanks.

But yes, after removing the cache settings in the advancedsettings, my sound issues went away.

1 Like

My current cache settings are:

buffermode 1
memorysize 123000111
readfactor 30

There’s no reason for this having sound issues. Further more, it was working before.

Maybe but I suggest you try removing your cache settings and see if the issue goes away. It worked for me.

nope. I’ve just made the test:

• removed cache settings.
  • restarted kodi.
  • started watching a movie
  • made transmission tart a download.

once there are enough peers to start downloading, the sound stuttering starts.

again: this DID NOT happened in previous versions.

[EDIT] after pausing transmission downloads and restarting kodi, solves the issue (up to the next transmission download :wink: )

I have the same problem, sound stuttering, and downgrade kernel, like Sam propose, work for me.

Other idea. In other sd i am a fresh install of osmc with the same sound problem. I view the solution proposal for cr4wler and I did it.
I add “dtparam=audio=on” in configg.txt, reboot and select “alsa” in system->adjust system->sound->audio output device.
This solve my problem.

I’m seeing the same issue with kodi-bin_17.1+dfsg1-3_armhf.deb on kernel 4.14.26-2-osmc on my raspberry pi B playing mpeg-2 over SMB. audio drops out for ~ 0.25 seconds every minute or so, then the pitch varies for a few seconds as it attempts to re-sync.

Are you sure you’re running OSMC? That sounds like a Raspbian based package to me

I confirm that using sam’s suggestion to force kernel version 4.9.29-10 solves the issue.
(I’ve also added “dtparam=audio=on” to config.txt).

I’m now watching a movie and transmission is downloading some files. all working just fine. No audio stuttering

yeah, pretty sure. my sources.list looks like this:

deb http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian stretch main contrib non-free
deb http://apt.osmc.tv stretch main

We’ve never produced: kodi-bin_17.1+dfsg1-3_armhf.deb

Doesn’t come from OSMC.

so, where is the OSMC kodi .deb, then? i don’t see it on apt.osmc.tv.

i’m pretty sure i haven’t changed anything since installing. all i have done is update.

kodi-bin suggests you’ve run something like sudo apt-get install kodi. This is not an OSMC version of Kodi.

dpkg -l | grep mediacenter should show the proper OSMC package if you’re actually running OSMC.

Can people try staging to see if there are improvements?

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv stretch-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

osmc@osmc:~$ dpkg -l | grep mediacenter
ii  mediacenter-addon-osmc               3.0.657                      all          OSMC addon for mediacenter
ii  mediacenter-eventclients-common-osmc 1.0.2                        all          Eventclient common resources for mediacenter
ii  mediacenter-send-osmc                1.0.0-4                      all          Eventclient send for mediacenter
ii  mediacenter-skin-osmc                17.0.4-2                     all          OSMC skin for mediacenter
ii  rbp1-mediacenter-osmc                17.6.0-24                    armhf        Media Center package for OSMC

Not sure where you got kodi-bin_17.1+dfsg1-3_armhf.deb from then. If you have dpkg -l | grep kodi (kodi packages) on your system, you have contaminated your installation.

this returns nothing.

my apologies, i got the kodi-bin version from apt-cache show since i figured that’s what would have been installed.