Playing MP3 files

So, really odd one…

MP3 files stores on PC - PC plays those files fine (VLC)
Those same files across network to RPi3B running OSMC - Plays files fine
Those same files across network to Vero 4K - Vero whizzes through the folder, each filename appears for a fraction of a second in the top-right. Start to finish time about 3 seconds.

It doesn’t do it for all files (this came to light playing the Now! collection 1-75 is fine, 76-104 isn’t)

Vero is up to date with all updates etc.

Anyone got any ideas please?

Yes the first idea I have you should provide debug enabled logs.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

1 Like

When you scrape your music into a library it stores the file path in a database along with the information about the media. When you tell it to play something it adds all the files to a playlist. When a file in a playlist is not found then it skips that file and goes to the next. If all files in a playlist are not found then you see what you describe. If you had renamed some file/folders to cause this behavior then you would need to clean your audio library and then update it again to pick up the new file paths.

The original copying of the files was straight in to the correct location, no re-naming, no re-location, no anything, just a straight copy from the source USB Stick onto the PC. They were already in a completely logical structure in the first place :wink:

Anyway, selecting the file directly does not work.
Cleaning the library, does not work. (the system has exactly zero playlists too, as I go to the files direct.)

Creating a new folder and copying the files in there, doesn’t work on the Vero, does work on the Pi and PC.

When I’m next there and not doing it remotely via the girlfriend, I’ll switch on the logging and see what occurs.