Exactly, I did nothing special, the first time I tried to start scanning with dvbv5-scan it worked.
What I did:
- I tried a scan with Panasonic DVB-T tuner in tvheadend, and it worked.
- I used dvbv5-scan to inititate a scan with the Pana DVB-C tuner, and it worked.
- Went back to tvheadend, set up everything again (the same way I did it a hundred times before), and worked perfectly (and is working since then)
So I have 2 possible suspects:
- Using the DVB-T tuner in Pana does something that makes the DVB-C part work, or
- dvbv5 sets up the Pana tuner correctly, but tvheadend does not.
The strage part is that whatever happened, it's persisted across reboots, it has to be done once in the lifetime of the tuner...
I'll try to put the stick back into the Windows machine it came from, maybe the Windows drivers will revert the stick to a non-working (or Windows-only ) state.