Please help me check/simplfy connections

pg 42/43 refers to setting HDMI control

BTW I think most/all TV TOSlinks will only output PCM stereo. There is no way they can automatically find the capabilities of the device at the other end of the cable, so unless there’s a setting for enabling DTS/DD you are indeed stuck with stereo for that connection.

Thank you all for your generous attempts to help. I’m very frustrated. This is not a Vero issue though but rather something that is not working as I expect between the LG E9 TV and the Yamaha YSP-2200 soundbar.
To maximally simplify I have reset the AV settings of the TV, disconnected all but the Yamaha, which I cabled to the TV both attempting TV-HDMI2(ARC) port to Yam-ARC(OUT) cabling and also TV-HDMI2(ARC) port to Yam-HDMI-Input1 port. Set the TV audio to go our to ARC which also enables wmothing called Simplink. Turn on the TV but no sound at all on the soundbar.
So I guess I’m stuck to Vero to LGTV to get 4K video and TOSLink to Yamaha getting 2ch stereo :frowning:

Not happy.

I haven’t read the whole thread but why only 2ch Stereo via the TOS link? I have a similar setup with a Panasonic TV and get 5.1 via TOS to my Amp.

Hi @fzinken nice to read you. Hope you’re doing great.
Too ignorant to speak about standards :slight_smile: but empirical tests playing multichannel movies on the 4K+ and the “multichannel” LED on the yamaha not coming on as it does when Vero is connected to the soundbar via the HDMI cable.

Well it is a question how the LG passthrough the audio. Maybe it acts differently when using different HDMI ports.
Maybe upload logs from when it is connected directly to the LG so that we can see the advertised audio modes from the LG (or point me to a previous log upload).

So right now I have settled for Vero connected to LG via HDMI and the sound to the soundbar via the TOSLink from the LG to the soundbar.
Would this be ok for your to better understand?
Standard procedure of activating logs and uploading them? (must remember or find the link to instructions)
Thanks a lot

If you have SSH access then just use grab-logs -A

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Thank YOU ALL so much. Will do whatever it takes.
So before I go on BIG NEWS :slight_smile: I fumbled with the YSP-2200 setup menus and now things are a LOT better even though still need some help.
Right now the 4K+ is connected to LG E9 on its HDMI1 port, TOSLink disconnected, LG E9 Audio routed to HDMI ARC (and keeping the remote pressed on it for more that 3 seconds a submenu appears and selected PASSTHRHOUGH and eARC OFF), cable from LG E9 eARC-HDMI2 port to Yamaha ARC(OUT) port and the audio finally works !!!
What I need to iron out now are:
a) the LG remote does not work for OSMC
b) The TV shows there’s a Vero4K+ device on HDMI1 but also a KODI device on HDMI2. When I’m on the Vero/Kodi/HDMI1 screen and eith Vero’s remote I press play, the TV switches to HDMI2-Kodi and displays “no signal” for Video.
Will upload the logs shortly to see if you can make sense of this.

Power of the Vero and the TV at the main power for a couple of minutes.
But generally CEC on LG is bad. You also can try to press symlink button and activate Vero HDMI again

So here are the logs: https://paste.osmc.tv/ojoxuzeqif FWIW the “upload logs” through the MyOSMC menus just exited without giving me the pastebin URL but the ssh method worked flawlessly.
As sometimes things go in these complicated environments, through the logging runs no problems at ll showed up and all worked as it should SAVE for being able to use the TVs remote for Vero/OSMC.
Thanks

So the TV seems to report all supported audio respectively

====================== Audio Cap =================== k3dRrf31
CodingType MaxChannels SamplingFreq SampleSize
PCM, 8 ch, 32/44.1/48/96/192 kHz, 16/20/24 bit
AC-3, 6 ch, 32/44.1/48 kHz,  bit
Dobly_Digital+, 8 ch, 32/44.1/48 kHz, 16 bit
MAT, 8 ch, 48 kHz, 16/20 bit
DTS, 6 ch, 44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz,  bit
DTS-HD, 8 ch, 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz, 16 bit

---------------------- Audio Cap END --------------- k3dRrf31

Maybe one of the Audio Guru’s can review your settings but I think you can change the Channels back to 2.

====================== GUI Settings (abridged) =================== z9Z12KgS
Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver: true
Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) transcoding: false
Audio output device: ALSA:default
Number of channels: 7.1 ===> Default: 2.0
Output configuration: Best match
DTS-HD capable receiver: true
DTS capable receiver: true
Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3) capable receiver: true
Play GUI sounds: Only when playback stopped
Allow passthrough: true
TrueHD capable receiver: false
Adjust display refresh rate: Off
Sync playback to display: false
Disable stereoscopic 3D mode when playback ended: true
Playback mode of stereoscopic 3D videos: Ask me
Display 4:3 videos as: Normal
Enable HQ scalers for scaling above: 20
Allow hardware acceleration - amcodec: true
Accelerate MPEG2: Always
Accelerate MPEG4: HD and up
Accelerate h264: Always
Force 422 colour subsampling: true
Force RGB output: false
Use limited colour range (16-235): false
Lock HDMI HPD: false
GUI Resolution: 1920x1080 @ 60p

---------------------- GUI Settings (abridged) END --------------- z9Z12KgS

@fzinken thanks a lot. You mean going back to 2.0 in OSMC’s audio settings?

Yeah as that is not related to the Passthrough part anyhow.
But maybe wait till one of the others have read and commented

1 Like

Now the Yamaha soundbar’s volume works through the TV’s remote :slight_smile: This is good news.
Only step to heaven is OSMC’s menus through the same remote :slight_smile:

Did you do the full power down step?
Did you try symlink button?
Have you checked CEC enabled on Vero?

1. Yes
  2. not understandinf what you mean by that
  3. I have CEC Adapter 4.0.4-firmwarev5 enabled; Not sure if/how I should change some of its other options (as far as I can understand the only other enabled option is “Switch source to this device on startup”)

You should have a button on the LG remote called SymLink, or? For me when I press that button I get a menu to choose the HDMI SymLink (LG name for CEC) device.

There’s a button up top near the Power button and when I press it it prompts “You can use your Magic Remote to contro yoyr se-top box. Do you want to continue?” … Yes of course :slight_smile:
This open up a “Select device you want to connect” and gives 4 choices: “Set-top box/ott” , BluRay, Home Theater and soundbar.
The “set top box” shows its connected to HDMI1 (true), then an icon of the remote with a checkmark, then it says Input HDMI1, Device Typr Set-Top Box/OTT, Service: Flirc and Set for Universal Remote: Complete. Then I have a Set Manually and a Reset Device choice

What about Home Theater? But overall this sounds different to what I have.