Please Need Help With RPI And SMB

My bad, I got it the other way around.
I downloaded and installed the KB4487345 but still no luck.
Every and each attempt end in the same way.

Edit: and it’s not a worn installation of Win7 is fresh like it has less than a month, stuff installed pratically nothing, with the exception of Unreal Engine, AVAST and chipset and graphic drivers. All the other programs are all portable.

Well if you want to continue to troubleshoot I suggest that you check a couple of things:

1. Do you have configured user based (not guest) access to the share on the win7 machine?
  2. Check the Win7 logs what you see when you try to access from OSMC?
  3. Use smbclient -L 192.168.1.250 -m smb3 -d 2 -U <username> to run the client with extended debugging

Something happened.

I checked the permissions of my account in the advanced share properties and somehow it wasn’t there.
I definitely remember adding it along the way and the OSMC account I temporarily created it’s in there but go figure.

The fix jsb4010 suggested might have done the trick.

Strangely I still can’t explore the shares in WORKGROUP but I can access the address smb://user:password@192.168.1.250/SharedFolder directly.

It happened, however, when I entered the address of the share, and to my big surprise it accepted it, OSMC froze, I had to hard reset it and the it froze again on start at the interface.

Now it seems to be going although a bit laggy on start and sometimes randomly the CEC seems to crash and reload.

Edit:
So apparently that is it. I want to thank everyone for the help and the kindness I’ve got it in here.

That would require both Win7 and OSMC to be on smb1

OK. I think I’m going to leave it alone. Reading about it SMB1 seems to be the worst thing next to plague and diarrhea.

Edit: I would like to give the solution acknowledgment to both fzinken and jsb4010 but apparently just one can be set as solution.
Still all the people who got in there and helped has my gratitude regardless.