"Please stand by" after march update

Hello,
I just tried to upgrade my vero4k+ with the march update, it is now stuck on “Please stand by” screen (black background, light blue font).
I tried to reboot it, the same screen appears and stays.
I tried to reinstall OSMC, even with recovery procedure (toothpick switch, with USB key and micro sd card…), nothing happens, the “Please stand by” is very still…

Thanks for any ideas that could help !
Best regards

Don’t use the toothpick method - only do it as a last resort or you can corrupt the boot environment.

Can you please show a screenshot of the contents of your USB stick?

Sure :

The Vero 4K + doesn’t have a blue LED.
Are you sure this is a 4K +?

I did not mention a blue led. Maybe you answered another topic ?

Sorry, I read this as light blue front.
I need to sleep now, I am exhausted. I will follow up for you tomorrow.

No problem !
Take care

I did some other tries :

• different monitor, same.
  • plug an USB keyboard to see if it reacts : not at all. (I can’t even switch the numlock (there is a led to see), which is usually possible an a early boot stage…)

Okay, can you rename kernel.img to recovery.img, then try the toothpick method?

Sam

Tried it several time, with different USB keys, on both USB ports, nothing new…
(I here the click of the button pressed with the toothpick before plugging the power)

(I held the button for a good 30s each time)

Do you have a USB cable (A to A)?

No.
If it can help, I may be able to build one…
What would it be for ?

If the device is struggling to boot, it should fall in to a rescue mode.
Otherwise, it may be easier to send it back for us to investigate

Sam

And I might be able to communicate with the device in rescue mode through USB interface ?
(with a special software ?)
Might worth a try, especially under the COVID isolation, if it’s not to much work for you to guide me in this process.
I will try to build such a cable tomorrow, folowing https://www.instructables.com/id/Male-to-Male-A-to-A-USB-Cable/

I have sent you a potential unbrick image already which may be a solution.

OK, the recovery image did not work either, I built a USB A-A cable (https://www.instructables.com/id/Male-to-Male-A-to-A-USB-Cable/), plug the vero4k+ to my computer, here are the results :

• dmesg :

[ 4125.001243] usb 1-4: new high-speed USB device number 4 using xhci_hcd
[ 4125.023513] usb 1-4: New USB device found, idVendor=1b8e, idProduct=c003, bcdDevice= 0.07
[ 4125.023516] usb 1-4: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=0, SerialNumber=0
[ 4125.921701] usb 1-4: USB disconnect, device number 4
[ 4128.097764] usb 1-4: new high-speed USB device number 5 using xhci_hcd
[ 4128.120200] usb 1-4: New USB device found, idVendor=1b8e, idProduct=c003, bcdDevice= 0.07
[ 4128.120206] usb 1-4: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=0, SerialNumber=0

• lsusb
    a new device appears :

Bus 001 Device 005: ID 1b8e:c003 Amlogic, Inc.