Please Standby Boot Loop on Vero4K when USB disks are connected

Ok thanks, if you need me to test it when you are ready give me a shout :-).

1 Like

Hi Sam,

Just to let you know the issue with my DVB-T adapter has been fixed with yesterday update, however the boot issue is still there (not that I was expecting that to have gone by reading the update change logs).
What was the issue with the DVB-T by the way, how did this update fix it by curiosity?

Any idea when the main boot loop issue is going to be addressed?
It’s not a big issue it’s just annoying when for any reason I need to reboot Vero I need to make sure the HD dock is off during the intial boot before the top while horizontal line appears.

Thanks

Can you check while HD dock is connected every second boot should be ok. It should be

1. Boot very long on “Please Standby” and when but finished HD not mounted - then reboot
  2. After reboot only very short “Please Standby” and then HD should be mounted ok.

I’ll do some more testing.

When I rebooted I noticed the “Please Standby” screen reappear but I didn’t leave it long enough to see it it looped multiple time.

I’ll do some more checking this evening, from a brief look at it didn’t seem any different, but didn’t test extensively.

Just to be clear this upgrade would have not changed/improved on this topic. But I just wanted to confirm you see same behaviour. So let the disc connected. One boot should stay on “Please standby” for 1-2 minutes and after boot finish no disc visible. Then just choose reboot from power menu should only have “Please Standby” very short and disk should be mounted

Do you have any idea when this issue will be fixed?

Hi

We fixed this some time ago, but didn’t deliver this as an update yet.
Now Stretch is complete, we should be able to finalise a new way of delivering bootloader updates shortly.

This thread will be updated when this is done.

Cheers

Sam

Great, that’s good news.

Thanks Sam

Hello Sam,

Any update on the deployment of the fix for this issue?

Is there anyway I can apply/test this update on my device.

Having to turn off my Hard disks everytime I need to boot Vero4K is really annoying.

Thanks

Unfortunately I don’t have further progress on this. We tried some fixes, but they don’t resolve the problem.

Can you check if your hard drive has a firmware update?

I’m trying to source a disk so that I can reproduce this problem locally instead of sending users on a wild goose chase.

Sam

it’s not the hard drive specifically, it’s a 4x hard drive docking station.

If only 1x drive is connected no issue, if >1 drives are connected I get trapped in the boot loop.

Sorry if asking the same questions again but it’s been some time.

• Have you tried each disk on its own just to see if you can isolate it to one disk?
  • Does 2 disks cause a problem? Do 3? I am guessing so as you say >1, but just wanted to check.

Sam

The dock is externally powered and I have 4x 3.5" disks:
Disks attached are:
3x WDC WD30EFRX-68EUZN0
1x SAMSUNG HD103SI

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B014LCSSOW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like